Whats your price breaking point for a Z???

Zero

First Name
Eusebio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI 2021
Occupation
Pharmacy student
44-48k US for Performance, if they announce a Nismo before i get a Performance model id be willing to wait and save up, Nismo being 56k my limit.

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
I hope~50K CAD for the base/sport trim, and ~60K CAD for the higher trim to compete with used 2020/2021 supras.
If it's going to be $60K CAD for a Z Performance, I'm cancelling my order and buying a Supra 3.0 :D. $60K CAD puts it in line with a BMW M 240i.

In my opinion the Performance spec needs to undercut the Supra 3.0 by at least $10KUSD (or $15K+ CAD), that car has an active diff, adaptive suspension, a clean sheet design chassis, and is 150+lbs lighter. The Z is a parts bin car (Red Sport Engine, 370Z chassis etc.).

Last edited:

Ongor

First Name
Agustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Baller
the Q50 Red Sport is:
62k in Canada
57k in the US

If we translate that to Z prices:
40k USD = 43k CAD
45k USD = 48k CAD
50k USD = 54k CAD
55k USD=60k CAD

So hopefully they "translate" the prices for the Z the same way.
Also the Z being a parts-bin car and simpler, it should be cheaper than the infinity...

Ongor

First Name
Agustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Baller
then again...
if I do the same thing with Japan:

the Q50 Red Sport (Skyline 400R) over there is also 62k CAD
which means the Z will be 77k CAD here for the proto.... (confirmed 7M yen in Japan)

I truly hope this is wrong...

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
the internet and clueless people go off spec sheets and reviews. It’s the same people who call the Supra a Zupra without ever driving it or taking it to a road course. Just imagine when the press gets a hold of the new Z and puts it up against the Supra. There are still only two scenarios and then every excuse to why it turned out that way. For example:

1. the Z is slower than the supra in all it’s test.
• Z enthusiast will say at least it’s not a BMW.
• Supra enthusiast will say it’s just a reskinned 370z, what were you expecting?

2. the Z out performs the Supra
• Z enthusiast will say it’s all Nissan and not a BMw.
• Supra enthusiast will say it’s just a reskinned 370z
There's no winning to bring up Supra in here ... lol. I tried it and it back fired!!!! LOL

Ain't no body got time for nuances.... lol

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I don't think anyone reasonably objective would think the Z is going to outperform the Supra on the strip or track, and personally I couldn't give a piss. I want it to be engaging, feelsome, communicative, relatively easy to control at the limit. In a few of these attributes some find the Supra lacking (missing a MT is part of this). I remember the Engineering Explained guy saying he got more enjoyment driving the GT86 on hand at the Supra 3.0 first drive than the Supra itself.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
There's no winning to bring up Supra in here ... lol. I tried it and it back fired!!!! LOL

Ain't no body got time for nuances.... lol
Lol its just Supra fanboys vs Nissan fanboys. Deep down in our loins we know the Z will not be reviewed well by some and very well by others as well as not being as "fast" etc as the Supra. Both cars are great, just all depends on what YOU care for. I deeply enjoyed the Supra when i had it for a week. I hooned that beesh around everywhere. But, i'm not a fan of BMW infotainment or the toyota interior design language. But I'd wholeheartedly forego all BMW pain for the F80 6MT.. Buy and drive what give you that pant fizz.

300ZTT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Looks and feels only goes so far. It better at least be competitive. I feel that Nissan targeted the 335hp Supra (underrated) at the time thinking they had it in the bag. Now it's 382hp (underrated) and weighs 3400lbs with the auto, and they know they're in a pickle. Unless the handling experience is superb, and they underrated that 400hp/350ftlb, due to weight, price is very important now.
The Supra weight is overrated at 3400lbs. Motortrend weighed it at 3304 lbs for the 2021 Premium model.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
The Supra weight is overrated at 3400lbs. Motortrend weighed it at 3304 lbs for the 2021 Premium model.
That's pretty good. It is a newer dedicated platform after all.

Considering automatic is out for me, I know the ZF8 will out perform the 6-spd but I don't care. I drove manuals since I was 17 when I got my very own first manual, an 89 IROC-Z lol. I learned to drive manual when I was 14 when my mom had a manual Subaru GL and broke her right arm and I had to shift for her while she used the clutch. I have driven PDK, DCT, dry singles, etc. They just don't have the same immersion.

I'm not even looking for insane track handling with poor ride like my FoRS was anymore. I want something fun, livable, and engaging overall, that I can drive daily without shrinking an inch I'm height due to spinal compression, have fun occasionally at a track, and able to drive to and through the tail of the dragon and back.

That's some decent compromise I think, but I don't want to see a close to $50k price tag on a performance trim because I'll just go buy a M240i or new M2 instead.

If Supra had a manual and Android Auto, I wouldn't be here because I wouldve bought one by now. But even now with the manual coming, and some possible AA work arounds, it's too late as the Z is close. If Nissan takes too long, well then I'll end up with the BMWs most likely.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
That's pretty good. It is a newer dedicated platform after all.

Considering automatic is out for me, I know the ZF8 will out perform the 6-spd but I don't care. I drove manuals since I was 17 when I got my very own first manual, an 89 IROC-Z lol. I learned to drive manual when I was 14 when my mom had a manual Subaru GL and broke her right arm and I had to shift for her while she used the clutch. I have driven PDK, DCT, dry singles, etc. They just don't have the same immersion.

I'm not even looking for insane track handling with poor ride like my FoRS was anymore. I want something fun, livable, and engaging overall, that I can drive daily without shrinking an inch I'm height due to spinal compression, have fun occasionally at a track, and able to drive to and through the tail of the dragon and back.

That's some decent compromise I think, but I don't want to see a close to $50k price tag on a performance trim because I'll just go buy a M240i or new M2 instead.

If Supra had a manual and Android Auto, I wouldn't be here because I wouldve bought one by now. But even now with the manual coming, and some possible AA work arounds, it's too late as the Z is close. If Nissan takes too long, well then I'll end up with the BMWs most likely.
I'm with you on the manuals and you can't go wrong with any of those cars. However, there's no 6MT option for the new M240i right now. ZF8 only, AWD. So unless you're talking about a used F22 then you can mark that one off your list.