Whats your price breaking point for a Z???

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Seems "that other forum" just put up a Canadian dealer screenshot confirming that the price reveal is being held back as I thought. Release timeframe given is "spring 2022" with first deliveries in the summer.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Seems "that other forum" just put up a dealer screenshot confirming that the price reveal is being held back as I thought. Release timeframe given is "spring 2022" with first deliveries in the summer.
Saving everyone the hassle of logging onto that dumpster fire. Also, worth noting—this is a Canadian dealer, so not sure it's applicable to the States. Especially considering the press release about the Chicago Auto Show said Spring 2022.

1644505705754.png

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Saving everyone the hassle of logging onto that dumpster fire. Also, worth noting—this is a Canadian dealer, so not sure it's applicable to the States. Especially considering the press release about the Chicago Auto Show said Spring 202
Canadian vehicle pricing is typically released simultaneously with US pricing, but there are exceptions. For the Z though the fact that the ordering process is further advanced up here suggests that the Canadian price release won't lag that down south.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
Nissan knows 99.99% of the millions viewing the ad will never buy the car, and less than 1% will even consider doing so, so why would they rain on their own publicity parade by getting real with pricing at the same time? Stupid move, they won't do it. It works against their goal of reshaping the brand from "loser-discount" to " cool-exciting". This is all about stimulating emotion, not blunting it with sobering facts. Actually selling Zs isn't the primary goal here, they already know first year production will sell out.
because some people will be curious how much that car cost and they will google it. from marketing perspective they want to have as much info out before they show a commercial for something with no price on it which make no sense at all.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
I'm with you on the manuals and you can't go wrong with any of those cars. However, there's no 6MT option for the new M240i right now. ZF8 only, AWD. So unless you're talking about a used F22 then you can mark that one off your list.
I know what the M240i is, the opposite of the Z, but for it's price, power, and usability it is justifiable to me, and it would slot into a different usage. I'd use that daily 365 including winter. Maybe get a 86 manual and turbo it for track, or something used for fun.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Im just thinking of all of those corvette commercials. They loved to tell the price of the c8 in commercials whenever they had the chance.. If Nissan is sending out a price they are proud of, it will be told during the commercial. If it’s not said then I would start to be concerned

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Im just thinking of all of those corvette commercials. They loved to tell the price of the c8 in commercials whenever they had the chance.. If Nissan is sending out a price they are proud of, it will be told during the commercial. If it’s not said then I would start to be concerned
I’m already a tad concerned, they would know the price by now so why not release it?
Only one reason….disappointment

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
I’m already a tad concerned, they would know the price by now so why not release it?
Only one reason….disappointment
I’ve got the same feelings about the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Idk how these crackheads already have money down on a car that has a probability of flopping hard

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I’ve got the same feelings about the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Idk how these crackheads already have money down on a car that has a probability of flopping hard
As has been made abundantly clear all over this forum, any deposits are fully refundable. So no real downside, plenty of upside.

Personally I don't care about acceleration times, the 370Z was fast enough for me. I'll be looking at pricing and reviews.

Last edited:

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I agree here, I was so entirely sold on this car when we originally saw the proto and the unveiling. Seeing the diff oil temps and such on the dash, I was thinking "this thing is going to be more suitable for the track right out of the box!" But now that they're announcing it's not really built for the track at all, I'm just not sure its the best choice for a mid-range sports car with occasional track days. I might as well just wait for the manual supra. Especially if the prices are gonna be closer than we initially expected

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I agree here, I was so entirely sold on this car when we originally saw the proto and the unveiling. Seeing the diff oil temps and such on the dash, I was thinking "this thing is going to be more suitable for the track right out of the box!" But now that they're announcing it's not really built for the track at all, I'm just not sure its the best choice for a mid-range sports car with occasional track days. I might as well just wait for the manual supra. Especially if the prices are gonna be closer than we initially expected
I think you should wait it out as well and get the M/T Supra if the transmission is the only thing stopping you from getting one. Spending $40k-60k, even $30k, is too much for me to settle for something that I don't really love or that doesn't meet my expectations.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
I think you should wait it out as well and get the M/T Supra if the transmission is the only thing stopping you from getting one. Spending $40k-60k, even $30k, is too much for me to settle for something that I don't really love or that doesn't meet my expectations.
I doubted that I'll even be able to get my hands on the z until summer/fall anyways, and by then plenty of reviews will be out, so it seems like a good move. The trans isn't the only thing stopping me from getting a supra, but I still think I could get the Z and love it too. I probably just need to stop overthinking and chill out for a couple months

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I doubted that I'll even be able to get my hands on the z until summer/fall anyways, and by then plenty of reviews will be out, so it seems like a good move. The trans isn't the only thing stopping me from getting a supra, but I still think I could get the Z and love it too. I probably just need to stop overthinking and chill out for a couple months
I get it. If you're not pressed for time to get a new car then just wait for the M/T Supra to release and go test drive both cars back to back. You'll definitely know the price difference between the Z and 3.0 by then, and maybe the market will be in a little better shape. A Nismo Z could also be announced or close to release by that time as well which would give you another option.