Whats your price breaking point for a Z???

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
That’s fine with me I’m not buying for handling I just want something comfortable, good looking, manual, with good power. I’ll never take it to the track or anything like that mostly just commute in it.
And this is exactly the majority target audience for the Z. Most Z owners aren't going to do racing, tracking, or motorsport with their Zs. So in reality, handling does not realistically matter much. They've already stated this car is not designed as a track car. It's more of a Grand Touring Sports car than a track car. Most owners just want a sleek, sporty looking car with decent handling, manual trans, and some solid power that they can commute with or have fun driving around. It's about the overall enjoyability of the car, not the fastest and best handling. Competition is always good and I won't knock any commendable sports car, such as the Supra, which I think deserves more praise. Bottom line though, if you really want you can make this car plenty fast with basic bolt ons and a tune.

It's the same reason I bought my 370Z though. I love the look of it, it's far less common than most other sports cars on the road, I like the way it drives, I like going for a drive and zipping around some back roads or on the highway. It's definitely not the fastest and I could've gotten faster for the money if I wanted to, but at the end of the day it's about overall enjoyability and I don't think there's any other car I would find to be more enjoyable for the price point.

OP
OP
memelord

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
And this is exactly the majority target audience for the Z. Most Z owners aren't going to do racing, tracking, or motorsport with their Zs. So in reality, handling does not realistically matter much. They've already stated this car is not designed as a track car. It's more of a Grand Touring Sports car than a track car. Most owners just want a sleek, sporty looking car with decent handling, manual trans, and some solid power that they can commute with or have fun driving around. It's about the overall enjoyability of the car, not the fastest and best handling. Competition is always good and I won't knock any commendable sports car, such as the Supra, which I think deserves more praise. Bottom line though, if you really want you can make this car plenty fast with basic bolt ons and a tune.

It's the same reason I bought my 370Z though. I love the look of it, it's far less common than most other sports cars on the road, I like the way it drives, I like going for a drive and zipping around some back roads or on the highway. It's definitely not the fastest and I could've gotten faster for the money if I wanted to, but at the end of the day it's about overall enjoyability and I don't think there's any other car I would find to be more enjoyable for the price point.
the internet and clueless people go off spec sheets and reviews. It’s the same people who call the Supra a Zupra without ever driving it or taking it to a road course. Just imagine when the press gets a hold of the new Z and puts it up against the Supra. There are still only two scenarios and then every excuse to why it turned out that way. For example:

1. the Z is slower than the supra in all it’s test.
• Z enthusiast will say at least it’s not a BMW.
• Supra enthusiast will say it’s just a reskinned 370z, what were you expecting?

2. the Z out performs the Supra
• Z enthusiast will say it’s all Nissan and not a BMw.
• Supra enthusiast will say it’s just a reskinned 370z

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
the internet and clueless people go off spec sheets and reviews. It’s the same people who call the Supra a Zupra without ever driving it or taking it to a road course. Just imagine when the press gets a hold of the new Z and puts it up against the Supra. There are still only two scenarios and then every excuse to why it turned out that way. For example:

• Supra enthusiast will say it’s just a reskinned 370z, what were you expecting?

How does going off spec sheets/reviews make one "clueless"? Especially if it's a well-regarded reviewer like savagegeese and others who really put the car through the wringer? Spec sheets provide us with a lot of useful information, too, especially compared to previous generations of the vehicle. Well aware what's on paper isn't everything, but it's still crucial and insightful information.

Hakams53

First Name
Hakam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
g37xs coupe, c350
Occupation
Computer Engineering Student
Thanks for that. As should be self evident here, Nissan Canada simply ate the majority of the ~25% currency conversion premium, and continues to do so with other models, so hopefully this will carry over to the Z.
I pray for this LOL, looking at house/rent, gas increasing, groceries, and other things rising at a faster rate here than in the US, i hope nissan does us this favour :(

OP
OP
memelord

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
Spec sheets are just numbers. What looks better? $3.00 or $2.99?

reviews are bias, it’s always bias. Even Savagegeese is bias. People are unconsciously bias. For example, I think the WRX has hard suspension, others feel it’s soft. It’s a good suspension setup but I don’t prefer it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Spec sheets are just numbers. What looks better? $3.00 or $2.99?

reviews are bias, it’s always bias. Even Savagegeese is bias. People are unconsciously bias. For example, I think the WRX has hard suspension, others feel it’s soft. It’s a good suspension setup but I don’t prefer it.
yes…even posters are biased

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

I see your point with the scenarios, but I would call that more fanboy/fangirl than plain enthusiast; where people are so one way or the other that they aren't even willing to listen to someone else's opinion on the matter or accept the results. In all fairness, there are many out there who don't have a dog in the fight and will say those same things about either car. There are people that love the Z but think it's just a reskinned 370, and there are Mk5 owners that call it a Zupra themselves. Some prior gen Supra enthusiasts don't like the Mk5 while others do and the same goes for the Z.

Toyota chose to take a BMW engine & chassis, put their own twist on it and call it Supra. Nissan took a 370, reskinned it, made some other adjustments, and dropped a Q60 engine in it. For some people, the Mk5 is not what they had in mind when thinking of the Mk4's successor, just like there are people that think that there's not enough new about the Z to make it a real successor to the 370. These are the decisions that Nissan and Toyota made, and it's not going to change this generation, so if you don't like that about either of them then just don't buy them.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring

I go off spec sheets until I see real life testing of a car. And until I see real world testing from these car media outlets I wait to reserve final judgement, especially when it comes to performance. Personally, I truly could not care in the slightest that the Supra is half BMW or whatever the case. I really, truly don't care. What I care about is a proper performing, good looking sports car. Plain and simple. Maybe it's because I'm younger and it's the older crowd that care more about the heritage behind these brands; I couldn't care less. I just want good cars being made as this decade is probably the last decade we'll see non-hybrid or fully electric sports cars. I don't care if 1 manufacturer made the car, if 2 different manufacturers made one car, just give me a god damn good sports car.

And yes the new Z is essentially a "reskinned 370z" it's no secret. However, they made improvements to where they really needed to be made: better powertrain and performance, updated safety and technology features, improved interior, and tackling past issues that plagued the previous VQ37VHR/VR30DDTT. There's a simple reason they didn't go full guns blazing creating a whole new chassis and completely redoing the interior: costs. If they had done that the car would be another $10k+ over what it will already cost.

Bottom-line is the new Z will be a bargain for the price it comes in at. Will it "beat" the Supra? Who knows until we see them going head to head. And quite honestly who the fuck really cares besides fanboys that think it's a dick measuring contest. At the end of the day it's about being a car enthusiast and enjoying these cars. Enjoy the god damn cars while we have them and be thankful that we have a new Supra and "new" Z in the first place. That's all that matters.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Ring Time:
Cayman S (350hp): 7:46
2020 Supra (335hp): 7:52

Supra pulls hard on rolls. European Supras do not get the 382hp in the states. They get the 335hp only. The Cayman GTS has 394hp
A simple no would have suffice lol

OP
OP
memelord

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
About $45-46K for the Performance version.

$45K gets you a 485 HP Challenger
$48K gets you a 460 hp Mustang GT w/ performance pack

$50K would be a deal-killer for a 400 hp car in this segment.
I’m feeling $49k

OP
OP
memelord

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
Maybe, but that's going to be a tough sell against competition. Absolutely zero room for ADM at that point.
Nissan is killing their demographics.