Whats your price breaking point for a Z???

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Unless it's $45k or under I probably won't be buying new, especially with these markups right now. There's no way in hell I'll ever pay over MSRP. This car is not going to be worth paying the markups over MSRP. I'll happily wait a year, sell my 370Z, or trade in for a low mileage pre-owned 2023 Z at this point.

Jstoke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Fiesta, 88 F150, 13 Triumph Speedmaster
For me, it has be be cheaper than a similarly optioned Mustang GT. Especially now that we know the weight is up on the Z. No one seems to be comparing these two but it’s a better comparison than the Supra honestly. This car cannot seriously compete at 40k base price when you can get a GT for just over 36k or a GT Premium for 40k which will have everything the Z performance does for an estimated 5k less. Just to compare I spec’d one out how I’d buy it and it was just under 43k. It’s a hard sell for me to spend more money on less power and 2 less seats which I could actually use since I have a kid just to save a couple hundred pounds of weight. Even though I really do love the styling and interior of the Z.

OP
OP
memelord

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
For me, it has be be cheaper than a similarly optioned Mustang GT. Especially now that we know the weight is up on the Z. No one seems to be comparing these two but it’s a better comparison than the Supra honestly. This car cannot seriously compete at 40k base price when you can get a GT for just over 36k or a GT Premium for 40k which will have everything the Z performance does for an estimated 5k less. Just to compare I spec’d one out how I’d buy it and it was just under 43k. It’s a hard sell for me to spend more money on less power and 2 less seats which I could actually use since I have a kid just to save a couple hundred pounds of weight. Even though I really do love the styling and interior of the Z.
The Performance spec'ed manual and auto are creeping up in weight closer to Mustang GT with less HP and no Magneride, Recaro options, and $50K+ entry point. I bet it won't handle any better still. Tough choice.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
America 3.0 Supra Premium 54 790 that's 69 976 CAD.
Canada 3.0 Supra Premium 68 460 CAD.

A lot has changed in todays car economy since 2019. I'm just using the Supra cause its what the new Nissan Z is clearly directly competing with. Nissan said low 40K USD starting for base/sport.. so I'm using that and basing my estimate on 47-48K USD tops {60Kish CAD) for Performance trim then doing a quick currency exchange.. If you feel that's too much for you that's fine.. but that's what I'm prepared to pay for the new Z considering I don't like any of the other vehicles at my price range. Obviously I would love to be totally wrong and if the price is as you say it is 51K CAD tops then the better for me.. more money for mods.
2022 Nissan Maxima:

US: $37,240, that is $46,550 CAD on currency exchange
Canada: $41,740 CAD

So despite changed market conditions, Nissan is continuing to heavily discount Canadian prices for its more expensive vehicles, no reason to assume that will change suddenly for the Z.

We'll see soon. Nissan is basically a discount brand selling a heavily modified 15+ year old platform, Toyota is a sales powerhouse selling a new(ish) BMW, different pricing strategies for Canada between the 2 make a lot of sense to me. But I agree that the current economic situation will probably inflate the Z's pricing a bit worldwide.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
First of all, calling out people wasn't really my point or intention, but I think I can see you feel personally attacked.

But yeah you are right,. I don't have the means to pay ADM and even if I do, I wouldn't pay ADM on anything that is mass produced with no production limit because that would be stupid.

If you read carefully I specially said "no brains to process common sense in car buying decision". I have no doubt if you have FU money, you have a lot more brains than I do, but that doesn't mean paying ADM for a car like this is smart.

Sounds like you are willing to pay whatever ADM on this car so good for you. We just have to agree to disagree. Sorry if I pissed in your cheerios. ?
Did I say I would be paying ADM? You’re full of assumptions…

No brains to process common sense in car buying decision? Again, you’re struggling to understand this as money is a limiting factor for you. I’ll go ahead and excuse myself because I think I may have too much brain power for this conversation. I have some fresh cheerios to eat ?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
The Performance spec'ed manual and auto are creeping up in weight closer to Mustang GT with less HP and no Magneride, Recaro options, and $50K+ entry point. I bet it won't handle any better still. Tough choice.
If the the Performance trim is $50k I'll definitely be looking at used 2018-2020 M2s which overall will likely be a better car for the money.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I'm in a similar boat, and given lack of utility value with 2-seater and limited cargo room, every grand higher in cost, seems much more impactful. To the point I'd have trouble spending on a vehicle with limited utility value, if the price got too high.

While I highly doubt the 30k price mentioned in the presentation is legit, I'm hoping maybe it was said due to some product info indicating the base Z will be coming in the 30k range, like high 30s or even 39k but not topping 40k. Maybe that's what got 30k in the presenters head, but time will tell.

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
I’m not paying more than 50k for a performance trim. Even then after taxes and adm your looking at close to 60K. In 2018 I bought a Camaro SS1LE for 45K out the door. I just can justify paying that much for a Nissan. At that price I’ll scoop up something with a little more “prestige” like a clean 997.2

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I will have a hard time justifying more than 47k USD for the performance manual.

I have a coworker who's friend works for Nissan USA corporate. He is estimating around 10k ADM, at least initially. His advice is to hold off until late summer/early fall after the initial hype dies down.
In a normal world, yes.....but we live in Covid Wackyland right now where hype doesn't die and demand outweighs supply.

With that being said, 45k is my limit for a maxed out performance w/ stick and for the first time ever in my lifetime, it makes more sense to buy new.

400+ hp, RWD, Stick, Can take turns - Not much of that going around these days. IMO the only other thing that compares for the same money is a clapped out '14/'15 C7.

SS 1LE for $45k out the door is an unbelievable car for the money. Drove it a few times at autox and just amazes me American muscle have come a long way.
6th Gen Camaros are so slept on, GM finally got it right - It really is a "Sports Car" muscle car now and, nobody wants it because they don't know how to properly adjust mirrors.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
6th Gen Camaros are so slept on, GM finally got it right - It really is a "Sports Car" muscle car now and, nobody wants it because they don't know how to properly adjust mirrors.
Ha....Funny you said that. I typically have to get the OEM seats to the lowest setting on most cars, and the 1LE was one that I had to sit higher in order to see better around me. It isn't a deal breaker for me but it does takes some time to get used to.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
yea i own both 2015 GTPP and a 2018 camaro 2SSboth got below 40k not really apples to apples , I was one of the first to get a 15 gt in oct of 2014 for 35k but i also had xplan and the camaro wasnt fair either it was stickered at 49k and the dealer i did work for gave it to me for 39k but anyway there is alot of cars im looking at right now in the same range with more options so i can see why its hard for some people

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I'm in the same dilemma. I can get a GT in my area for around 43k-45k fully loaded. But I want a pure Japanese sports car and this fits the bill. That's why pricing here is going to be very crucial.