First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i also think may 16 this place is going to be boomin with people or kinda slow like it is now

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Your username is quite fitting...old thinking. The SS 1LE is a TRACK car. The Z is a touring car (straight from Nissan). The SS 1LE will surpass the Z in every performance metric, especially track times. The SS 1LE is more of a "sports car" than the Z. Welcome to this century!
A Ferrari is faster than a Corvette, too.

If you're going to compare track cars, they should be in the same class in which they compete.

And, ANY car is a "track car" if it's on the track. I once saw an old F150 run an autox. Funny as hell, but the driver was grinning the whole ride!

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The 6th Gen Camaro is criminally underrated, it is by far the best handling car out of the Muscle Trilogy.

It feels it's weight but, it's suspension (mag ride) gets the job done.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I think this car gets slept on as a rival. It's not the prettiest imo, but not terrible. The interior, well, same and I question some of the materials though the Recaros, steering wheel, shifter, climate controls, door panel grab panels seem solid. The gauge cluster isn't as nice.

But that performance and driving experience seems to overpower those shortcomings as it's truly an affordable sports car with it's handling and acceleration capabilities. And it sounds the part.

Plus... It's in that Z price range depending on 1SS or 2SS trim.

Another car added to my list.
Horrible Garbage Manufacturing redneck looks, Fisher Price interior

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I've driven a new Camaro, and found the blind spots distracting to the point that I wouldn't enjoy daily driving the car. The Mustang has a much nicer interior, and far better visibility all around. Hoping that the new Z will have an interior one wants to spend lots of time in.
I can't see shit out of my 370 either, but at least I have a rear camera I can keep on all the time if I want.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Bro now I know u have no idea what your talking about

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
I've driven the Camaro before they are really nice cars. I was thinking about the 2SS if the Z price is overpriced and availability.
I don't want to wait to buy a Z at the end of the year, I'd rather buy the 2024 Z if that happens.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Like I guess I understand the crappy interior if u get urself a lt1 that shit is the most basic thing I’ve ever seen I didn’t even know that was a option

OP
OP

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
But I have a 2 ss here are some inside shots sorry it’s a little dirty

21925526-8336-486C-ABD4-393AD8D77FD8.jpeg

2CE9CE74-00B6-486D-83F9-173EDBFE03A3.jpeg

FBB5EC5D-8C9A-4611-8D37-357B66BA4058.jpeg
I see cheap horrible looking plastic on the Z too. In short my first 3 cars I ever owned were F-bodies, then got into imports, and then got my Evo 8... Was my favorite car ever, longest I kept a car until it started to rot of all things. But that car had a horrible interior, but the Recaros, momo wheel, and great shifter along with it's performance made up for it. I'm thinking the 1LE is like that. Parts that you touch they made sure are good. Stuff you don't, not so much. The Z will kinda be the same I guess in that regard.

Old friend has one, reached out and going to check it out. I'm just concerned about visibility and headroom. They were big issues with the Supra to me along with shoulder room.

I didn't write off the Z, I'm waiting until the 16th for that. I'm concerned about it's pricing. Im betting it's performance trim price will be around that of a 2SS 1LE, Supra 3.0, and M240i. Even though the Z looks the sexiest of those, I'm concerned about it's performance. If the Z is a touring car, the M240i and Supra will outclass it. Performance wise they may do the same, and the 1LE will probably embarrass it on the track.

And I can order those other 3 basically. The Z will likely be a nightmare to get, mark ups, etc.

We'll see.

MAG1C CARP3T

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Occupation
New Home Consultant
If I was forced to buy a muscle car, it would be the mustang. They sound better and from all the random street pulls I've gone up against, they are always faster.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I really do like my Performance Pack 2 interior, esp the Recaros w dual belt slots, very snug bolstering. Features like Steering, Exhaust, Susp Modes. Interior materials are pretty decent too!

1651626505158.jpeg

1651626472344.jpeg

1651626556796.jpeg

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
There is no way the new Z will be even close to the SS 1LE/PP2/Mach 1 on a track, I don't think anyone expected it to be. The question for me is how much slower than the Supra will it be? The Supra is already 5+ seconds back from the Track Pony's at C&D Lightning Lap (granted it's a bit handicapped by its PSS tires). That Matt Farah track video showing the Z rolling around like a boat makes me think that it will be a massive disappointment on track.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
There is no way the new Z will be even close to the SS 1LE/PP2/Mach 1 on a track, I don't think anyone expected it to be. The question for me is how much slower than the Supra will it be? The Supra is already 5+ seconds back from the Track Pony's at C&D Lightning Lap (granted it's a bit handicapped by its PSS tires). That Matt Farah track video showing the Z rolling around like a boat makes me think that it will be a massive disappointment on track.
FZRE.gif

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Not having adaptive dampers, and weighing what it does, it has to have some roll on track if it's to be a tolerable road car. I for one have no wish to drive a car that feels like an Elise over Toronto's often-clapped-out roads.