First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
IMG_20230426_171113.jpg

PXL_20230428_231210445.jpg

I agree with @MCN1SMO, finding this car was *a lot* of work. I pretty much obsessively scanned multiple zip codes almost every day to find this.

I had found one other car with this spec 3 weeks earlier in North Platte, NE, but they wanted $10k over.

I found this one at Horne Dodge/Nissan in Globe, AZ, and let me tell you: the staff there, Eugene, Michael, Joe, and others whose names I didn't catch, were top notch: super friendly and competent. They got me out of there in about an hour, drove me back from the rental car drop off, just a super team.

I think it's much easier for US customers to search because of the (somewhat flaky) inventory tool on the Nissan web site, but Canada and Australia, you seem to be at the mercy of the dealership calling you back. It would drive crazy.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Wow congrats. Glad that 9-5 job called searching for a Z paid off. Did it feel worth it once you got behind the wheel? For me it felt like a huge weight was just lifted and even though that's all I thought about every day it felt like it just disappeared in snap and a real sense of accomplishment!

Looking forward to initial thoughts and impressions

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
It was worth the effort. The car is a lot of fun, and US 60 between Globe and Florence Junction AZ was a great first stretch of road. It has cool bridges, a tunnel, and passing lanes.

My first impression is that I don't yet have the seat adjusted properly. I'll need to work on that.

My second impression is that the clutch is so light. It's night and day from the G37, which was easier still from the G35. Maybe just old vs new? Dunno. I'm not used to it yet. That combined with not having the seat adjusted properly makes me a little tentative.

SynchroRev Match is interesting. There was a Canadian reviewer who complained about pulling the shift lever, in neutral, towards the 1st to 2nd gate causing an unintentional rev. This seems to be a habit I have too because I did it several times. It took me a few times before I figured out what was happening. If I keep using rev match, I'll have to break that habit.

People have complained about the backup camera resolution, but I'm coming from a 2012 G37, so it seems like a big step up.

Radar Cruise is nice.

Android Auto just worked.

Not a fan of the fake engine/exhaust noise. Need to figure out how to turn that off.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
It was worth the effort. The car is a lot of fun, and US 60 between Globe and Florence Junction AZ was a great first stretch of road. It has cool bridges, a tunnel, and passing lanes.

My first impression is that I don't yet have the seat adjusted properly. I'll need to work on that.

My second impression is that the clutch is so light. It's night and day from the G37, which was easier still from the G35. Maybe just old vs new? Dunno. I'm not used to it yet. That combined with not having the seat adjusted properly makes me a little tentative. Congratulations! On your new car! I can’t really hear the exhaust inside the car, really quiet. Have fun! 😁

SynchroRev Match is interesting. There was a Canadian reviewer who complained about pulling the shift lever, in neutral, towards the 1st to 2nd gate causing an unintentional rev. This seems to be a habit I have too because I did it several times. It took me a few times before I figured out what was happening. If I keep using rev match, I'll have to break that habit.

People have complained about the backup camera resolution, but I'm coming from a 2012 G37, so it seems like a big step up.

Radar Cruise is nice.

Android Auto just worked.

Not a fan of the fake engine/exhaust noise. Need to figure out how to turn that off.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
The SRM mode is predictive in the sense it will try to guess what gear you’re going to select next and hold revs at the appropriate RPM. Took some getting used to for me also on my 370Z, as I often do the manual shifter “wobble” when shifting into neutral 😆, but it actually turns out to be a convenient way to rev the engine when coasting

Congrats on the car dude, she’s a stunner!

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Congrats dude.

That's moreorless how I snagged my Z.
Extensive searching and calling on the daily.

It made it that much more priceless when I got into the car, and the joy just keeps growing!

Amazing color choice.
Can't wait to hear more about your experience and thoughts.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
how many break in miles are you gonna have by the time its home?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Wow congrats. Glad that 9-5 job called searching for a Z paid off. Did it feel worth it once you got behind the wheel? For me it felt like a huge weight was just lifted and even though that's all I thought about every day it felt like it just disappeared in snap and a real sense of accomplishment!

Looking forward to initial thoughts and impressions
Same here! I was calling dealers like l crazy.