Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Lmfao. Glad those days are over with..

Wow congrats. Glad that 9-5 job called searching for a Z paid off. Did it feel worth it once you got behind the wheel? For me it felt like a huge weight was just lifted and even though that's all I thought about every day it felt like it just disappeared in snap and a real sense of accomplishment!

Looking forward to initial thoughts and impressions

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
how many break in miles are you gonna have by the time its home?
I'm at 499 miles. I spent a lot of time on the 10 exiting at random off ramps, and then getting right back on to avoid "driving at a constant speed for too long a period."

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So one thing I noticed when I got home: somebody in the delivery process did not install the plastic grille piece over the tow hook receiver. I found it in the glove box and snapped it in. Oops.

Also, all my owner's manuals and warranty booklets are still in Globe. The salesperson took them out of the vehicle to review them with me, and they never made it back into the car. Oops.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Are we sure the noise is on both the manual and the auto? The auto note is louder and has the optional sport mode the manuals don't which could be how it activates?

Or is it both as long as they have the premium trim Bose?

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are we sure the noise is on both the manual and the auto? The auto note is louder and has the optional sport mode the manuals don't which could be how it activates?

Or is it both as long as they have the premium trim Bose?
I don't know for sure, but the brochure lumps these features into the Performance trim, regardless of transmission.

Screenshot_20230429-222951.png

I drove a bit with no music (audio off), and I could still hear some kinda noise. I'm not sure if it was wind/road noise, ASE, or ANC.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Ok that makes sense it's connected to the premium because of speaker differences. Maybe on the auto it's more amplified in sport mode but exists on both transmissions

I don't really mind it. In contrast The newer GTRs have it (2017+) and it makes a higher pitched humming sound during acceleration that having a GTR without it I know the VR38 doesn't make. It's not a bad sound at all its just not natural if that makes sense.

For the Z it's harder at least for me to pinpoint what exactly the added nosie it. But it might be easier to do so when I can get to closer to redline

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hear it a lot on a SynchroRev Match downshift (I think), and when I hear it, it makes me think I'm over revving the engine because it seems louder than expected, so I check the tach because the engine seems too loud for what I just did, and it's only 2700-3200. And then it vanishes almost immediately, it just doesn't feel appropriate for that situation.

In addition to steering, braking, etc., one aspect of the car's feedback to the driver is sound, and I think I'd like to experience this car without the fake sound to get the real feedback.

TBH, I think it should be the drivers choice if this is on or off.

Last edited:

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
So one thing I noticed when I got home: somebody in the delivery process did not install the plastic grille piece over the tow hook receiver. I found it in the glove box and snapped it in. Oops.

Omg me too, I had them order the missing part for me

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CA emissions test pass! Phew! 😅

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
congrats...glad you were able to find one. its still a toss up beween seiran and boulder for me.

id love to see both in person. have ever seen the 350z in blue? if so, can you compare the two colors?

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
congrats...glad you were able to find one. its still a toss up beween seiran and boulder for me.

id love to see both in person. have ever seen the 350z in blue? if so, can you compare the two colors?
One of the things I found was that the longer I looked, the more I liked other colors (other than the blue interior, mind you 😉). I've seen yellow and blue in person. The blue is spectacular, but I love the bronze wheels on the Proto Spec.

I have seen the blue 350Z In, in fact I own one. 😉 JK. Not sure how accurate this die cast is, but it's pretty close to the Z. The Z pops a bit more.

PXL_20230502_042754646~2.jpg