bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
PXL_20230508_041942751~2.jpg

I went through some paperwork this weekend and discovered that my Z was built in December, 2022, and it arrived on the Meridian Ace April 11, 2023, so 3+ months from manufacturing to landing in LA, and then another 17 days to make it to the dealer.

I'm guessing it went through the transmission re-work while still in Japan. The 6MT seems fine.

I just thought this might be interesting to folks still searching. It looks like it can take a couple of weeks from landing in a West Coast port to get to a Western dealer.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm back from vacation today, and I took the Z (the long way 😀) to the grocery store. As a grocery getter, it's not so great. I put the groceries all they way at the back of the cargo area, and it's just not deep enough. Next time I'll try up against the cross brace. I think that'll be better. Also, I'll still take the long way 😀.

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
I'm back from vacation today, and I took the Z (the long way 😀) to the grocery store. As a grocery getter, it's not so great. I put the groceries all they way at the back of the cargo area, and it's just not deep enough. Next time I'll try up against the cross brace. I think that'll be better. Also, I'll still take the long way 😀.
Always take the long way 😁

Taking the long way to nowhere in particular is really the only “practical” use for this car.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't know for sure, but the brochure lumps these features into the Performance trim, regardless of transmission.

Screenshot_20230429-222951.png

I drove a bit with no music (audio off), and I could still hear some kinda noise. I'm not sure if it was wind/road noise, ASE, or ANC.
Now that I'm back from vacation, I decided to see if I could get the ANC and ASE turned off. So far, it's gone like this:
  • Me: find a local dealer and call them up. Press 2 for service.
  • Service guy answers the phone: May I help you?
  • Me: Yes, I'd like to set up an appointment to bring in my car.
  • We exchange name, phone number, year, make, model, and such.
  • Service guy: what service do you want?
  • Me: I just bought a Z and I want to turn off the noise cancellation and sound enhancement.
  • Service guy: Okay. Let me put you on a brief hold.
  • Jeopardy music plays.
  • Service guy: Okay, that's the body shop. I'll transfer you now. If they don't answer, leave a voicemail and they'll call you back.
  • Me (thinking): body shop?
  • Of course there is no answer, and I leave a voice mail.
  • Fast forward six hours.
  • Me: Honey? I'm going to drive to the Nissan dealer to see if I can get them to turn off the fake noise.
  • My wife: okay.
  • Fun drive over to the dealer.
  • The service manager (a really nice guy) happens to be hanging out in the service driveway.
  • Me: I called earlier and they sent me to the body shop?
  • Manager: Oh yeah, we outsourced all the appointments to a call center. What can we do for you?
  • I want to turn off ANC and ASE.
  • Service manager: Okay, I have only one tech who's trained on the Z, and he's out until tomorrow. Would you like to set up an appointment?
  • Me: Yes, please.
  • Fun drive back from the dealer.
Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion (I hope) in part 2...

Best part so far: fun drives over and back. 😀

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
hey man, im joining the club now. i just picked up 2...yes 2 seiran blue Zs. one for me and one for the wife. pics soon...😎

edit: pic...

IMG_20230515_233232373.jpg

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion (I hope) in part 2...
Part 2:

I went to the dealer today. The service advisor wasn't that familiar with the car or the ANC and ASE features, so he called over the service manager (who had set up my appointment in part 1).

The service manager told the advisor to call the tech who's trained on the Z. The tech came over and I mentioned again that I wanted to turn off the ANC and ASE. The tech dug out my manual and flipped through it for about 30 seconds before deciding he couldn't show me how to do it. Then he said, "I don't know. Give me a few minutes to research this."

Then, less than 30 minutes later, it's done! And for no charge! I'd never been to this dealer before, but I was really happy with how they listened to me and got it done.

PXL_20230519_010700471~2.jpg

PXL_20230519_010650847~3.jpg

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hit 1K miles. Another 200, and we'll see what this puppy can do.
PXL_20230524_153804120.jpg