Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
@dezoris excellent review.

Can you guys speak to the rev limiter at all by chance? Silly question I know. Jason Cammisa mentioned that once the car hits redline (@ 7K RPM) it will cut power until revs drop below 6K RPM. Was that your experience as well? If so that seems like a terrible design for a sports car.
This guy hits the limiter in the manual a couple of times here - hard to know what his foot is doing at the time though.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
yea i think people might of gotten upset at pricing and the gappening that happened in a race but really 12.3 is not slow, fuck my old 94 cobra ran 14.7 when i first got it lol, but yea .2-.3 sec feels like an eternity.
Sure. It's fast. But there are faster, better GT, or better track cars out there for the money, and that hasn't changed. People ultimately will buy what they want on emotion when it comes to cars like these. Looks are a massive factor for many people.

Me? Well performance cars that make wonderful noises attached to the ultimate connecting rod that is a manual trans are going away. There will eventually be pretty EVs though there are none currently.

So that's why I ordered my 2SS 1LE yesterday. The Z is a drivers car, but the 1LE is even more so for the same money basically... Heck less money if I went 1SS. And though it takes a little time, I'll get what I want option wise, and not take what I can get.

Next car I'll keep an eye on will be the next-gen mustang that should be out next year. Probably a revised car like the Camaro, 86, and Z are, but it'll probably be a good if not great car.

My curiosity is how the Z ends up performing on a real track against competition. That's been suspiciously missing thus far.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Sure. It's fast. But there are faster, better GT, or better track cars out there for the money, and that hasn't changed. People ultimately will buy what they want on emotion when it comes to cars like these. Looks are a massive factor for many people.

Me? Well performance cars that make wonderful noises attached to the ultimate connecting rod that is a manual trans are going away. There will eventually be pretty EVs though there are none currently.

So that's why I ordered my 2SS 1LE yesterday. The Z is a drivers car, but the 1LE is even more so for the same money basically... Heck less money if I went 1SS. And though it takes a little time, I'll get what I want option wise, and not take what I can get.

Next car I'll keep an eye on will be the next-gen mustang that should be out next year. Probably a revised car like the Camaro, 86, and Z are, but it'll probably be a good if not great car.
ive been back and forth on both ive had both so many times , your going to enjoy your SS

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Finally got to sit down and watch the whole video at once. Great technical analysis from all the people at nissan, didnt really care about the driving impressions cuz ill judge that myself but overall this felt like a really great documentary on the Z heritage itself. They have perfected the 370 platform as well as the infinti motor to an extent, great to see. Thanks SG for the review

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
Well if that were true for the manual it would be all over the reviews so I very much doubt it.
I certainly hope so, not being able to bounce it off the limiter in between corners would be a major drawback.
This guy hits the limiter in the manual a couple of times here - hard to know what his foot is doing at the time though.
Tough to tell from that video.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
I don't think that a car has to be best in a category for it to be the best all around car. I think there is value in a car that has a good balance of all attributes. Personally that's the niche I've always seen the Z filling.

That said, I think you guys have a lot of good value options in the US so I'm not suprised that people are pursuing alternatives.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
no i didnt but they get bulk pricing.. per car it still doesnt reach 1000 bucks
I work for a company which inports industrial machinery from Japan. Our per container cost has over doubled in the past 2 years. With the shipping costs skyrocketing, I think its lucky we're only paying that much. Nissan has to be eating some of that cost.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I work for a company which inports industrial machinery from Japan. Our per container cost has over doubled in the past 2 years. With the shipping costs skyrocketing, I think its lucky we're only paying that much. Nissan has to be eating some of that cost.
In Australia some types of shipping have risen 700% …..number of different issues, congestion, covid, propaganda by shipping companies…heaps of different reasons, but I too think it would have been a huge expense this time around
https://www.shippingaustralia.com.a...upply-up-congestion-up-shipper-propaganda-up/

Last edited:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
man and these people are still paying us the old gas prices before everything went up

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell

My curiosity is how the Z ends up performing on a real track against competition. That's been suspiciously missing thus far.
same

I get the nostalgia and optimism for a storied brand and model. Looks are subjective and a kinda like the looks. Think the aftermarket will produce some sick parts for these.

but, i withhold ultimate thumbs up or thumbs down based on the road track.

While i root for my "home team" on 1/4 times I am in that camp of throw enough money at a platform and a monkey can drive straight for 10 secs. So they don't mean as much to me.

Have fun with the 1LE ! That is a great suspension- not a GM fan per se but hats off.
Have three friends with them- well one ss and 2 run ZL1-1LE My car is as fast in straights and corners and it comes down to tires and who is on their game that day. pretty even on fast tracks, they get behind on technical tracks because of weight

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Good choice on the SS 1 LE, great chassis. My PP2 GT still feels light on its feet for a muscle car it’s impressive. As far as the Z I’m really waiting for times posted here.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

Cool site- Wonder who that Randy guy is???

I am East Coast, waiting on VIR times.... The Z or a Z might not even make it out in time for any 2022 laps :(

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Cool site- Wonder who that Randy guy is???

I am East Coast, waiting on VIR times.... The Z or a Z might not even make it out in time for any 2022 laps :(
Right there with you—really want to see what it does at VIR and an all-time favorite, Road Atlanta. Both are (practically) down the street from Nissan, they’ve no excuse!