Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
I'm more curious at this point how or even IF Nissan responds to the repeated embarrassments. They can't bump the price up with new parts, they painted themselves into a corner with the absurd pricing. A Nismo edition at $55k+ is too high.

Maybe they come out with a Track that has brakes that can handle a spirited run unlike the akebonos on the performance. Firmed up better tuned progressive springs or active dampers. And better tires. But no leather, upgraded stereo, wherever they can cut costs to get the price the same or less than the performance trim.

One question about this article is that they comment how a manual Supra couldn't be better/more fun without suspension tuning? Aren't these guys supposed to follow information/news, especially that officially stated by manufacturers? Toyota already said the suspension is being retuned in Supra. Based on their improvements, I expect it to be better than before.

And if the performance trim has the track suspension, how odd must the base Z be to drive?? It's already speed limited due to aero compared to the performance trim.

Then again, maybe that's the deal. Maybe you can get a base model at sticker or under, then dump money into the brakes, suspension, and diff. But man all those other weird issues with fuel cut and grinding gears, I don't know.

Last edited:

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
And if the performance trim has the track suspension, how odd must the base Z be to drive?? It's already speed limited due to aero compared to the performance trim.
I think the significance of these things is overblown to say the least. If its fun to drive on the road, there will be a market for it in much the same way as there is for the 4cyl Mustang and Supra

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
This is the Armond White of reviews.
stimpy-smile.gif

;)

I'm not sure that it's that much of a shock. If you think about it, it's not like coke/pepsi is a 50/50 split. Maybe there are just more "mainstream" reviewers out there that resonate with the things that the Supra offers (over what the Z offers) & that's going to change the focus of the review. I don't think that this makes the review any more or less valid in general - but if the things in the review resonate with you, then I think that's a good sign for your future enjoyment of the Z.
All I read was Coke vs Pepsi...

Pepsi always taste flat and I'll take a Dr. Pepper anyday over a Pepsi. Anything, but a Pepsi yuck.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Pepsi tastes like it was made with sweet n low. Shit is trash.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Maybe they come out with a Track that has brakes that can handle a spirited run unlike the akebonos on the performance. Firmed up better tuned progressive springs or active dampers. And better tires. But no leather, upgraded stereo, wherever they can cut costs to get the price the same or less than the performance trim.
I think Nissan might do just that - something like the Version S available in Japan but with a few key upgrades to address the concerns they've surely been seeing from the auto journalists. Call it "Track," price it under $48k, and it should be a hit. You're totally right that they painted themselves into a corner with the pricing structure, as well, which is unfortunate (the NISMO is going to be approaching C8 prices, at this rate).

There's still time to clean up the model range and mitigate some of the issues, it's just been a rough launch.