Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Hello,
Has anyone else experienced random black screen appearing while reversing? I reported it to Nissan on the first service and their response was that it couldn’t be replicated and could I please record the issue happening on my phone. Useless response in my opinion because how often am I recording the infotainment system with my phone, while reversing the car…
It does happen quite rarely which is even more frustrating and means I just need to sit still mid reverse while it recovers.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Hello,
Has anyone else experienced random black screen appearing while reversing? I reported it to Nissan on the first service and their response was that it couldn’t be replicated and could I please record the issue happening on my phone. Useless response in my opinion because how often am I recording the infotainment system with my phone, while reversing the car…
It does happen quite rarely which is even more frustrating and means I just need to sit still mid reverse while it recovers.
Yeah, it seems like the burden of proof can be higher than it should be for something like this. Who wants to record every backup? It's just not going to happen.

I haven't seen this yet.

6MT or 9AT (in case it makes a difference)? Also: Android Auto? Car Play? Wired? Wireless? Or none of the above?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Probably about 6 or 7 times in the month I’ve owned it. Happened again last night. Does seem to be at night time.
ok...reason i asked was because on vehicles ive owned (not the new z) the screen brightness would change depending on the sunlight or lack of outside.

sometimes during this time the screen may flicker which im sure is connected to a sensor.

occassionally it would happen with the nav screen going from black or white background

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
Happened to me a few times.
Honestly, I didn't really mind and started to reverse anyhow and it returned within 4-7 seconds.

Once
I put it back in Drive then back to Reverse and it worked (auto trans)

I'm doing my first service in early June and nothing things down to discuss with the service manager.

OP
OP
Beard

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Happened to me a few times.
Honestly, I didn't really mind and started to reverse anyhow and it returned within 4-7 seconds.

Once
I put it back in Drive then back to Reverse and it worked (auto trans)

I'm doing my first service in early June and nothing things down to discuss with the service manager.
I think it’s a safety concern, it would be like the blind spot indicator failing to work. might spend this weekend reproducing it in a parking lot

pectab

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Audi A4

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z Nismo
I think it’s a safety concern, it would be like the blind spot indicator failing to work. might spend this weekend reproducing it in a parking lot
I can understand that it's a safety concern.

What was odd for me, was the "sensors" on the main Dash were still working with the beep sounds.
Just took the Camera on the infotainmentlike 10 seconds max to reflect the image.

I've also had it where the image would appear quickly but freeze frames for the first few frames or 5 seconds.

Clearly the camera is shitty quality in terms of the resolution and feed.
The lines are good it think, they line up nicely with my driveway and how I intend to park.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Hello,
My Audi A5 Sportback has a rear window that randomly goes all the way down when I open the back drivers side door. Has been doing it for about 3 years. Have never been able to replicate it at the dealer and nor can they find the fault. Intermittent faults are very very frustrating.

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
Happened to me a few times. Inconvenient, but it came back on quickly. As regards to service department - they do have to be able to duplicate it to fix something. Unless the replace the whole system, which would never be approved by Nissan.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The following scenario has happened to me many, many times over my career:

1. Customer calls with an intermittent issue on their equipment.
2. I travel to their site and stand around for hours or days while the equipment works flawlwssly.
3. I tell the customer "If if it isn't broke, I can't fix it" and leave.
4. Shortly after I leave, the customer calls and says the equipment is having the issue again.
5. Lather, rinse, repeat...