Reverse camera screen turning black

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
My NAV screen went black today after going into reverse then Into drive and it took a while for it to come back on. First time I've noticed it

Another sort nav bug I have it sometimes it will go to the phone menu screen without touching anything when I'm on xm radio and I will have to keep changing it away from the phone screen.

Last edited:

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
The system on my Mazda had that issue in early days. It was due to software glitches. The time it took to come back is when software reboots itself.
My guess.

Still waiting for my Z after 2 yrs.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
I have not noticed this yet, but I'm on the lookout.

My build: Manual, Performance, December 22 build. Wired Android Auto.

RonZproto

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z proto, Mitsubishi Evo X, Renault MeganeGT
Hello,
Has anyone else experienced random black screen appearing while reversing? I reported it to Nissan on the first service and their response was that it couldn’t be replicated and could I please record the issue happening on my phone. Useless response in my opinion because how often am I recording the infotainment system with my phone, while reversing the car…
It does happen quite rarely which is even more frustrating and means I just need to sit still mid reverse while it recovers.
Yes this has happened to my Proto Z
Don't expect Nissan to fix anything from experience they have the worst customer service.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
ours cars do have OTA updates for the NAV screen unit so hopefully there is a patch if its widespread

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
My 2014 370Z has been having this issue on and off for the past year or two now. Have the touring package that comes with Nav system + backup camera. Screen goes black or blue but still shows the green/yellow/red guidelines. For awhile it would come and go or just flicker, but lately it's been constant black screen in reverse. Finally taking it to get check by the dealer next week to diagnose if it's just the camera or something else (fairly sure it's just the camera). For a brand new OEM replacement they quoted me $1279.00 PLUS TAX. Luckily my extended warranty is still good and should cover it.