Sponsored

Oil Recommendation

OP
OP

Landon

Well-Known Member
First Name
Landon
Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
174
Reaction score
62
Location
United States
Car(s)
2024 NISSAN Z, 2025 Tesla Model 3
I use Motul 8100 5W-30 (after I passed 10k)

IMHO, as far as brands go, if you do 5k oil changes or less, all the quality brands are going to hold up and perform similarly.

Oil weights are more nuanced. There's some good threads on that here.



Is this the Motul oil you are talking about:

motul.webp
 

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
180
Reaction score
143
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
I dumped the factory oil this week, and changed the oil and filter. I put in Mobil1 0w30 ESP with the Nissan recommended filter. Hot idle pressure went up a bit with the higher viscosity, start up is nice and quiet and smooth. All good. Nismo magnetic drain bolt with factory copper washer.
 
 






Top