Sponsored

Next Gen 2024 Ford Mustang Spied

Status
Not open for further replies.

fliplover

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Apr 29, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
632
Reaction score
1,605
Location
Georgia
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I've never been inside a late model Camaro, is the driver visibility really that bad? Decent visibility is typically a key attribute for me when buying a car.
Driving my stepson's 2015 Camaro is a nightmare for me because of the visibility. My understanding is the newer ones haven't gotten any better.
 

takemorepills

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
20
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
5,637
Location
Seattle area
Car(s)
Q60
I've never been inside a late model Camaro, is the driver visibility really that bad? Decent visibility is typically a key attribute for me when buying a car.
I watched the throttle house video comparing the Z to a SS. It's obvious from the video that the side windows are slits.
You'd need to check if that would bug you.
My main issue is on the Camaro the door body is very, very high, looks like it's nearly to your shoulder. I personally wouldn't like that. But, it is a good looking car.
 

Houston.RZ34

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2021
Threads
11
Messages
979
Reaction score
2,600
Location
Texas, USA
Car(s)
Q70S 5.6 | Stingray Z51 HTC
Occupation
COO
I have seat time in 6th gen Camaros.

Visibility isn't as awesome as everything else but if you can still see out the damned thing, adjust your mirrors properly you'll be fine.

And yeah, the doors are really high - I'm 6'0" and the top of the door is shoulder level - you really sit IN that thing.

Still by far the best handling of the Muscle Trinity.
 

DevonK

Well-Known Member
First Name
Take a guess
Joined
Mar 27, 2021
Threads
18
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
1,718
Location
Toronto
Car(s)
TBD
I've never been inside a late model Camaro, is the driver visibility really that bad? Decent visibility is typically a key attribute for me when buying a car.
On a test drive pulled up at an intersection if I was in front I had to duck my head down to see the traffic lights - and I’m only 5’11”+.
 

Proto Z

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
379
Reaction score
698
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
A rendering from Motortrend.

g-gt-coupe-s650-artists-illustration-rendering-jpg.jpg
I certainly don't mind that. Like the Z's, the thing I love most is that it's instantly recognisable as a mustang. The proportions are just classic, and as they should be.

I don't care how good the Mach-E is, and I listened carefully to what Jason Camissa was saying in his icons review, but it will never be a mustang in my eyes.
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
101
Messages
2,808
Reaction score
5,395
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security

BobDigi5060

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
179
Reaction score
319
Location
El Paso
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
The latest teaser from Ford doesn't sound the same to me. Still a coyote, but the clip released today sounded like a 5.0 with open active exhaust or at least less restrictive. It's rumored the 7th gen will have nearly 500hp.

Can't wait. We'll see how much weight the car has gained (hopefully none) and what lies ahead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
 






Top