Not open for further replies.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I am intrigued to see what this new mustang will look like. Never been a mustang guy but this one sounds like it might be interesting.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Today is the day. I'm interested to see what they've come up with. I've never really been a mustang guy, but a GT350R just hits me right in the feels for the style department.

Priced well like all other stangs, I'm sure the new gen will sell great as per usual.

For me personally, I wouldn't mind one, but the interior always felt so outdated and lackluster. The power plant has always been a beast, but built to just.. do. It never felt like it had character. Can't fault it though, it's great, tried and trued.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Today is the day. I'm interested to see what they've come up with. I've never really been a mustang guy, but a GT350R just hits me right in the feels for the style department.

Priced well like all other stangs, I'm sure the new gen will sell great as per usual.

For me personally, I wouldn't mind one, but the interior always felt so outdated and lackluster. The power plant has always been a beast, but built to just.. do. It never felt like it had character. Can't fault it though, it's great, tried and trued.
As far as the interior...I would love a little more color options

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco

My first car was a used 1965 Mustang - had a lot of fun with that car. The newer Mustangs haven't been all that appealing for me, but looking forward today to see the new gen changes. My neighbor has two newer Mustangs, they have nice power and sound great.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The splash of color in the interior is a welcomed change of pace, the floating dash a la BMW iDrive...could be cool, depends on execution, but the way it blends into the bottom half of the dash feels very disjointed? Totally different shapes, colors - it throws me off.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
The splash of color in the interior is a welcomed change of pace, the floating dash a la BMW iDrive...could be cool, depends on execution, but the way it blends into the bottom half of the dash feels very disjointed? Totally different shapes, colors - it throws me off.
i think the giant ipad is to close to the cluster , maybe its the angle

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
i think the giant ipad is to close to the cluster , maybe its the angle
It looks like the cluster and infotainment is all 1 big screen.

Interior looks much better though. And I don't mind the big touch screens. Maybe because I'm younger, but personally I'd rather have touch screens than a bunch of knobs and buttons.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Maybe because I'm younger, but personally I'd rather have touch screens than a bunch of knobs and buttons.
Seriously?
There's a very practical reason why physical buttons and knobs are better in a vehicle than touch screens.....and it would be even more apparent on a sporty vehicle....
Bouncing around, or being jostled even a bit, makes touchscreen use very difficult... whereas usually buttons are mounted somewhere you can support your hand and use a finger(s) to operate reliably, even when being jostled.

I personally like the buttons, as an engineer I know they cost more money, I feel OEMs love touchscreen because it's much cheaper to incorporate functions in software than hardware....oh, and speaking of software......no fun when the touchscreen glitches and all of your stuff becomes unavailable!

I get it that it's an "age" thing....but it's one of those changes in life that don't seem to have a benefit outside of aesthetics..... arguably...

So, how do you feel about finicky touchscreens in a firm riding sporty vehicle? You just wait until you're at a stop or smooth surface to adjust items via touchscreen?

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I will wait for the official unveiling but so far I prefer the older interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.