First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Also waiting for the unveiling, hey it's the last ICE Mustang. That 5.0 adaptive exhaust has always been sweetness! As far as the current interior, I really still like it, functional with nice large knobs. Only gripe is the tiny fan speed controller buttons, should also be rotating dial.

More interior colors would be great also, like pony saddle and some shade of burnt red.

1663197149125.jpeg

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Seriously?
There's a very practical reason why physical buttons and knobs are better in a vehicle than touch screens.....and it would be even more apparent on a sporty vehicle....
Bouncing around, or being jostled even a bit, makes touchscreen use very difficult... whereas usually buttons are mounted somewhere you can support your hand and use a finger(s) to operate reliably, even when being jostled.

I personally like the buttons, as an engineer I know they cost more money, I feel OEMs love touchscreen because it's much cheaper to incorporate functions in software than hardware....oh, and speaking of software......no fun when the touchscreen glitches and all of your stuff becomes unavailable!

I get it that it's an "age" thing....but it's one of those changes in life that don't seem to have a benefit outside of aesthetics..... arguably...

So, how do you feel about finicky touchscreens in a firm riding sporty vehicle? You just wait until you're at a stop or smooth surface to adjust items via touchscreen?
Well that's why any items you would want to adjust while driving should be integrated with buttons on the steering wheel. And most sports cars, or cars in general, have that functionality today. The only thing I don't want integrated on a touch screen is AC controls. The rest I think could and/or should be digital in this day-in-age.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Well that's why any items you would want to adjust while driving should be integrated with buttons on the steering wheel. And most sports cars, or cars in general, have that functionality today. The only thing I don't want integrated on a touch screen is AC controls. The rest I think could and/or should be digital in this day-in-age.
Yeah, I can pretty much agree with that.

As for the steering wheel controls, better not be like VWs new haptic crap....

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
My wife's Outback has a touch screen for everything except a/c. That unit goes out, it's $1,100 plus install.

My Z32...we'll, ANALOG RULES!

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
They should have put this front bumper on it. The Dark Horse looks pretty mean though.

1663202476232.png

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Wow. Disappointed in the design. Can’t put my finger on it but the proportions are off. Actually looks a bit like a Camero?

Status
Not open for further replies.