MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
I know the original 350z nismo was wind tunnel tested as the body kit was based off the Super GT with the elongated front and rear. the GTR NISMO was air tunnel tested by Williams F1 team during early development
I believe both v1 & v2 370Z NISMO bodykits have undergone similar testing, as well as the ā€œS-tuneā€ aftermarket kit; Itā€™s reportedly a big reason the NISMO front fascia is common choice for various Z34 race builds.

Iā€™d expect the new Z NISMO to be advertised with similar aero specs once itā€™s officially revealed

JoaquinJr

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW E46
Although functionality is certainly a huge part of the bodykit, I donā€™t think it limits the design of it. I donā€™t feel that the bodykit really changes the look of the car like the old Nismo kits did and feels a bit uninspiring in the design. Itā€™s a completely personal opinion, I just would have liked to have seen the design pay more homage and draw inspiration from past Z cars and designs.

digitaltrance

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370z
Very exciting to see the Nismo Z, thanks for sharing the video. As others have mentioned, what rings of fire will we have to jump through to buy one. I'm not sure I'm ready to get burned with $20k to $30k in ADM. I was expecting a little more flare out of the front end. All personal opinion but given the choice I'd take my dream build, the orange Fairlady with that drop dead gorgeous front bumper and graphic package.

71809821_562867248779500_9039058626971345059_n-jpg.jpg

Yeah, I was hoping they would have used the Fairlady front bumper as well! That would have been game for me WITH a manual transmission.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Something that bothers me is how Nissan is aligning the NISMO in this teaser. I donā€™t want a great drift car. I want a great sports car. Thatā€™s what the NISMO should represent. How about a teaser of it ripping hot laps at VIR. Not feeling it right now.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@MCN1SMO Were you able to get any confirmation numbers on hp/tq?
no I dont have any idea other than ive been lead to believe it will be conservative. the only numbers ive seen thrown out there by anyone half reliable is best car japan who are saying its around 15hp

https://bestcarweb.jp/news/entame/665613?prd=2

According to the information we have received so far, there are no major changes to the mechanical parts of the powertrain, but the engine has been fine-tuned with a focus on turbo control.

It seems that the maximum output will be increased by about 15ps to 420ps, but the engine performance is already sufficient, so it is said that it will not be increased so much. Tuning is the main thing.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Something that bothers me is how Nissan is aligning the NISMO in this teaser. I donā€™t want a great drift car. I want a great sports car. Thatā€™s what the NISMO should represent. How about a teaser of it ripping hot laps at VIR. Not feeling it right now.

I get what you are saying but I wouldn't read too much into that. Chris Forsberg is a celebrity within the Nissan community and he is a drifter so it's just a quick flashy way to show off the car with him doing what he does best. The tire smoke catches a lot of eyes and makes for a good video. I think that's all it is. This NISMO has better cooling better brakes and a more dynamic sport mode so we will see track shoot outs and head to head comparisons sooner than later

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I get what you are saying but I wouldn't read too much into that. Chris Forsberg is a celebrity within the Nissan community and he is a drifter so it's just a quick flashy way to show off the car with him doing what he does best. The tire smoke catches a lot of eyes and makes for a good video. I think that's all it is. This NISMO has better cooling better brakes and a more dynamic sport mode so we will see track shoot outs and head to head comparisons sooner than later
True it's just Forsberg showing his expertise. Itā€™s still good that the Z is not an understeering pig. Iā€™d rather have some manageable oversteer, better car control in most situations when pushed 8-10/10ths.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Yeah, I get all that, but Nissan has famous sports car guys too. I already know the new Z can spin tires as itā€™s been painfully pointed out in every review. I want to see a Z that grips and rips.

JoaquinJr

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW E46
Yeah, I was hoping they would have used the Fairlady front bumper as well! That would have been game for me WITH a manual transmission.
I agree, this was a build that was definitely going in the right direction. The Nismo design has too much going on. But thatā€™s what aftermarket is for, I canā€™t wait for Twinz Design to get their hands on this car.

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Not surprised that the Nismo will be auto only. I thought that was the rumor from good sources something like a couple years ago. The goal was to make a "baby GT-R". I wouldn't be surprised if it is a DCT. Since I already have a 370Z 6MT, I have no issue with the Nismo Z being auto-only when I get one in a year or two to join alongside my 370. I wish the Nismo would be offered in Seiran Blue, so I guess it will be white or red for me.
PXL_20230415_183557379[1].jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so the baby GTR thing was "fake news" this is gonna be the tried and true NISMO Z formula we all know and love. aero brakes recaros red stripes tiny bit of power and call it a day

I mean it does have wheels from the GTR NISMO and the lower lip is inspired by that car but nothing shared beyond that other than a paint color