MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Ahh yeah I see what you are talking about. That's similar fitment to the carbon ones I put on my GTR NISMO they were just the under pieces but they fit like that. With a little gap then a little short up to the edge

OP
OP
Hubert

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Yeah, they should improve this, but I doubt we'll get something better.

Unrelated, my Z still bounces. The dealership claims they don't have the exact specs in their system. So they changed the 'toe' to match the 2023 Performance version. Since the front LMGT4 that I currently have on are 9.5 width, maybe that is OK for the fronts, but I am going to have to restore the toe for the rears and hope that improves it.

The impact sensor accessory is still not working. The dealership believes it is defective and they'll need to install a replacement.

1702069877474-a58594fe-dafe-4e49-a05c-3dcf6a5d1f78~3.jpg

OldGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z Nismo, Stealth Grey
So are the Recaro seats ok for long road trips?

I noticed the seats are not heated, and are completely manually adjusted.

I have my name on a Stealth Grey Nismo, but I doubt they will let me test drive it before buying it.
I would trade in my black Performance MT, but the jury is still out.

OP
OP
Hubert

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Depends on your size. The seats are a bit narrow. They will break-in over time, but you have to figure out what is more important for you.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
they are fine for me but im like 5'7" I will say that if you just leave the seat in your driving position you kind of need to slither your way out of them a bit its a little tight.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
in depth interview with Tamura about the Z NISMO technical aspsects

https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/interview/1555975.html

Tamura reveals the top speed of the NISMO is 173mph vs 155 for the performance and 136 for the Sport

Mr. Tamura:"AT has also been strengthened. The changes were made mainly by increasing the number of clutches on the low-speed gears to prevent slipping when shifting up and down. I took on the challenge of overturning the preconception that AT is no good. With a manual transmission, the drive is interrupted the moment you step on the clutch. In that case, even if NISMO's MT were released, it would be defeated by the AT of the standard car. I wondered what that would be like. I think it's still difficult for people to understand that kind of attitude. It's difficult because there is a perception that NISMO is a fast car. It's not just about speed, it's about having fun controlling it, so you can forgive a slight loss in time, and if we get feedback from customers, it might be possible to create one. However, the reality is that it is currently unthinkable."

024_o.jpg

Last edited:

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
So are the Recaro seats ok for long road trips?

I noticed the seats are not heated, and are completely manually adjusted.

I have my name on a Stealth Grey Nismo, but I doubt they will let me test drive it before buying it.
I would trade in my black Performance MT, but the jury is still out.
Don't trade in. You will lose $10k plus you will be paying $15k extra for Z Nismo. That's $25k more than where you are currently with your Z Performance.

I'm okay with the Recaro seats. They are difficult to manually adjust but it works out okay once they are all set.

Last edited:

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't trade in. You will lose $10k plus you will be paying $15k extra for Z Nismo. That $25k more than where you are currently with your Z Performance.

I'm okay with the Recaro seats. They are difficult to manually adjust but it works out okay once they are all set.

yeah if you cant walk away from the performance pretty much even it makes the NISMO a much harder decision. I got lucky and was able to make the move literally right before the market drastically changed.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
I just dug a old shot of mine up using google search from my350z lol
414973470_1737113810099025_5154596228030788280_n.jpg
You had the V1 rear spoiler? Show some rear shots! She was a beauty !

OP
OP
Hubert

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I just dug a old shot of mine up using google search from my350z lol
414973470_1737113810099025_5154596228030788280_n.jpg
I remember it well! Mine is undergoing much deserved maintenance and improvements. I got the new NISMO Carbon LSD installed with 3.9 final drive gears and it grips very aggressively.

I upgraded the alarm and sound system last week and I think a new timing chain will be the next big overhaul later this year.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You had the V1 rear spoiler? Show some rear shots! She was a beauty !

yeah it was a V1 base with a carbon weave overlay top. I dont think I have any pics of it but this one
tech.JPG

I started out with the JDM V1 front bumper and just the track edition spoiler
Picture 009 (Medium).jpg

Last edited: