First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Nissan just dropped their Nismo video. No spec details in the video, but the aesthetic changes look nice. Thoughts and opinions based on what’s in the video?

A new chapter of thrill is coming for the worldwide Nissan Z fan base later this summer.

With track-tuned performance, bold styling and a dynamic design, Z NISMO is the next exciting milestone in the 50-plus year journey of Nissan's iconic sports car.

Watch as three-time Formula Drift champion Chris Forsberg puts Z NISMO through its paces.

Stay tuned for full details later this summer.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Holy shit already!!! Looks awesome. While Im not excited about the car because it'll literally be impossible to get, I am excited about the front bumper lol. Hoping to get my hands on one!

OP
OP
Zupra88

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Holy shit already!!! Looks awesome. While Im not excited about the car because it'll literally be impossible to get, I am excited about the front bumper lol. Hoping to get my hands on one!
I kept trying to stop at a perfect time to see the front bumper. Definitely like the change made.
The engine start/stop button being red and the steering center line are nice interior accents to go with the seats. The exterior color and accents look great, but not to crazy about the little pieces at the wheel well/fender arch’s.

IMG_9228.png

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
It's pretty cool. I'm guessing this is a 2025 model for delivery somewhere around 2027
Delivery of never with an ADM of hold onto your asshole lol. Seriously tho I hope someone on here gets one but I can't imagine anyone without an inside connection actually getting one.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Delivery of never with an ADM of hold onto your asshole lol. Seriously tho I hope someone on here gets one but I can't imagine anyone without an inside connection actually getting one.
Haha yeah, it'll be such limited production. Heck, current performances are already being marked up to 70-100g's up here if a lucky dealer happens to score one and relist it as used, since they still have no word on ANY pre-sold orders. Everyone is fighting over the handful of cars that randomly appeared.

I can only imagine the Nismo will be practically unobtainable, and the ADM will price it out of existence, even if you manage to find one. And since they're still not taking any official customer orders, and have a current back log of thousands of Z's in it's current form in actual reservations and orders to fulfill. Finding one will be a needle in a haystack.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Front fascia is nice, that looks like a logical upgrade built from the racing experience gained, as was speculated/known. I'd have to get some better looks at the rear valance, though, because it looks rather messy to me based upon this clip.

OP
OP
Zupra88

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Haha yeah, it'll be such limited production. Heck, current performances are already being marked up to 70-100g's up here if a lucky dealer happens to score one and relist it as used, since they still have no word on ANY pre-sold orders. Everyone is fighting over the handful of cars that randomly appeared.

I can only imagine the Nismo will be practically unobtainable, and the ADM will price it out of existence, even if you manage to find one. And since they're still not taking any official customer orders, and have a current back log of thousands of Z's in it's current form in actual reservations and orders to fulfill. Finding one will be a needle in a haystack.
I agree with you. I'm lucky to have a new Z at just over MSRP ($5K), but the Nismo will be priced out of its class (as the other trims already are). Adding too much ADM to these trims puts in range with vehicles that outperform it in most, if not all, aspects. I enjoy seeing Nismo vehicles as much as the next Nissan enthusiast, but dealerships are going to kill it.

OP
OP
Zupra88

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Front fascia is nice, that looks like a logical upgrade built from the racing experience gained, as was speculated/known. I'd have to get some better looks at the rear valance, though, because it looks rather messy to me based upon this clip.
Here’s the best I could screenshot on the rear. It’s got its subtle differences such as the markers under the tail lights, the center section under the license plate (possible brake light?), and how it sweeps out to the sides. I’m liking how the spoiler goes all the way across the rear end.

IMG_9229.png

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I agree with you. I'm lucky to have a new Z at just over MSRP ($5K), but the Nismo will be priced out of its class (as the other trims already are). Adding too much ADM to these trims puts in range with vehicles that outperform it in most, if not all, aspects. I enjoy seeing Nismo vehicles as much as the next Nissan enthusiast, but dealerships are going to kill it.
Agreed. Even as is. The performance here with just color and destination puts it at approx. $61,000 MRSP give or take. Only imagine a Nismo will be an additional 7-10k on top of a performance. It'll easily be a 70k car up here at MRSP. And, to me.. that's pushing it as is.

USD obviously different. But, just the cost of the car itself MRSP could be a bit of a reach to even start with