cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Hill start assist is on the 9ATs, too. Isn't it? The manual implies that it is.

Screenshot_20230617-073359~2.png

My wife's auto SQ5 has this feature, and I like it on that car.
I've never noticed it but maybe that's just because autos don't really roll back on hills anyway. I'll have to find a steep hill to find out. My Tiguan has it but it's DSG so can roll back slightly. I have it disabled because I don't like it - it's just a switch in the centre console in that car.

SDate42

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, BMW 130i, Mitsubishi Pajero & Lancer
Occupation
Auto electrician/mechanic
Hill start assist is on the 9ATs, too. Isn't it? The manual implies that it is.

Screenshot_20230617-073359~2.png

My wife's auto SQ5 has this feature, and I like it on that car.
SQ5 uses the electric handbrake to operate the hill start assist. Z in manual uses the ABS module to hold brake line pressure from the pedal when the clutch is depressed. Little bit different in operation, curious to see if its in the AT9 and of course how it knows to operate.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
SQ5 uses the electric handbrake to operate the hill start assist. Z in manual uses the ABS module to hold brake line pressure from the pedal when the clutch is depressed. Little bit different in operation, curious to see if its in the AT9 and of course how it knows to operate.
Right, the Z doesn't have an electronic parking brake, so if the auto really has it, I guess it'd use the ABS method as well.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Screenshot (41).png

Just ordered that plate

stripe.jpg

Ordered the stripe kit today

2-jpg.jpg

Getting that side stripe custom made in white except it will say Nissan Z

Also tinting the windows, will post shots when everything is done.

PS. I may continue the white stripe all the way back, my graphic designer is sending me some pics tomorrow so I will decide then.
Mine is going in Thursday for the factory stripe. I was also thinking of a matching silver side stripe similar to the the orange Fairlady. Love to see your pics completed decals.

OP
OP
MapleOne

MapleOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
If you notice the factory stripe is way too subtle, its actaully silver not white.

My graphics guy is going to duplicate it in the same silver as on the roof trim and then the pin stripe that runs next to it is going to be made in white. That way it will 100% match the nissan logo with silver and white and that will show nicer on the blue.

Same with the door stripe, I am taking it all the way across with the main stripe in silver and the lower thin stripe in white. It will say NISSAN Z on the door like in the orange pic above.

I am also adding two stripes to match the roof on the front chin, gonna mock that up first though.

Screenshot (95).png

Really rough... NIssan and the Z (no circle) will be on the door.

Best mock up until I get the real pics

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
If you notice the factory stripe is way too subtle, its actaully silver not white.

My graphics guy is going to duplicate it in the same silver as on the roof trim and then the pin stripe that runs next to it is going to be made in white. That way it will 100% match the nissan logo with silver and white and that will show nicer on the blue.

Same with the door stripe, I am taking it all the way across with the main stripe in silver and the lower thin stripe in white. It will say NISSAN Z on the door like in the orange pic above.

I am also adding two stripes to match the roof on the front chin, gonna mock that up first though.

Screenshot (95).png

Really rough... NIssan and the Z (no circle) will be on the door.

Best mock up until I get the real pics
Looks fantastic, great I idea on matching the trim. I already ordered the factory strip so I'm hoping my shop has a similar color match.

KCZ

First Name
KCZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z, Evora, Boxster, Jeep, Xterra.
Me too. In fact, if you play around with it a bit, there's really not that much there. I wish there was more.
Really? How long did it take to read the poorly-indexed 800+ page owner's manual and the 250+ page NissanConnect manual just to see "what's there."

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Really? How long did it take to read the poorly-indexed 800+ page owner's manual and the 250+ page NissanConnect manual just to see "what's there."
My comment about there "not being much there" is from playing around with the actual menus in the car, which was faster than reading the manual.

But...I did actually read the manual. I had lots of time while I was waiting to find a Z 😉.

I like that car manufacturers put manuals online these days. You can pretty much learn all about a car before you buy.

I agree that the Z's manual isn't super detailed or well organized or complete. And how many times does the FCC warning appear? Seems like once would be enough.

Reactions: KCZ

PlanoJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RR Sport
I agree on the back up camera it's like looking through a dimly lit aquarium. We have a 2023 pathfinder and it's camera is super crisp and bright. Nissan just decided to use the old 370z camera to save some $$

Also the fact you have a little cubby for your phone but it doesn't charge it seems odd as again the pathfinder has the same looking area for your phone but it charges. I assume also cost cutting
Maybe supply chain issues mid pandemic forced decisions, just a thought

PlanoJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RR Sport
PXL_20230529_143620695.jpg

I love the car but here are some of the things I wish were.... hmm... different.

- I wish the exhaust had a bit of a better rumble, hopefully I can find a way to fix that while preserving those remarkable tailpipe tips.

- In Canada the car has only one reverse light and the other side (left) is a red foglamp. There are a number of things that bug me about this and first and foremost is everyone tells me I have a reverse light burnt out. I thought that even at delivery. I wish I could change that.

- The red rear foglamp only utilizes two of the leds instead of all of them and they sacrificed an entire rear backup light for that. There would have been room for both on the left.

- The backup camera actually sucks, and I mean it sucks, the quality is pathetic.

- I keep getting a message that the front sonar is disabled due to abstruction even though there is no obstruction. Recycling with the ignition fixes it for about 15 minutes. Happens mostly on hot days.

- The car uses a standard gas cap, I'm going to go capless as soon as I find the right one.

- No wireless phone charging and no wireless android auto. I remedied the latter with Wireless AA Auto

- No front parking camera, I cannot tell you how much I wish it had that.

- Both front left and front right dashboard/door area have slight rattles going over bumps.

- Red lights inside the door are not functioning as actual lights when the doors are opened, seems to be just like on Hyundai. It looks like a light but does not light up.

Other than that.... I love the car

PXL_20230529_155121235.jpg

PXL_20230529_155207256.jpg

Screenshot (29).png

Yes the blue interior and yes my plate covers have a slight blue tint.

PS. This is my actual car:

Love the 2 wheeled Green in the background !