First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Slow drivers, they tend to be in Toyotas and Jeeps or any brand of Minivan here - I avoid getting behind them at all costs.

Folks that have to lie to be real, especially on subjects I know a good bit about (cars and tech) I've lived a lot of life and I can spot bullshit from a mile away......then when I discreetly discredit them they take it up a notch. Makes my blood boil.

Ghetto ass motherfuckers that are absolutely worthless members of society and are setting the rest of us back years and perpetrating the stereotypes I've fought all my life to disprove.

People with no ambition at all, I'm not saying we all need to rub elbows with Elon, Bill and Warren but I am saying we should at least try to better ourselves at least marginally vs blame everyone else on earth for why YOU aren't doing shit.
I can sympathize with slow Jeeps. They're sketchy as fuck at highway speeds lol. Ask me how I know.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan Z deliveries to all dealers will begin Spring 2022.....Fall of 2022.............

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Since I just saw it happen, rolling coal. Was trailing a new Miata with its top down on the commute home and some big ass lifted truck that merges onto the toll road decides he’s gonna be a badass and overtakes the Miata and then blasts him with smoke.

I’m all for people doing whatever they want with their cars/trucks, but rolling coal is plain dumb.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Since I just saw it happen, rolling coal. Was trailing a new Miata with its top down on the commute home and some big ass lifted truck that merges onto the toll road decides he’s gonna be a badass and overtakes the Miata and then blasts him with smoke.

I’m all for people doing whatever they want with their cars/trucks, but rolling coal is plain dumb.
there is a lot of this in texas where it seems half the vehicles out here are trucks. i know a few guys into this stuff and most think it's funny to blow smoke on people.

they don't do this in 'the hood' cause there would be rolling bodies...not coal

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I know its already been said, but driving at, or below, the speed limit in the laf (passing) lane. When I lived in the Chicago area, 90% of the people doing this had Wisconsin plates.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

there is a lot of this in texas where it seems half the vehicles out here are trucks. i know a few guys into this stuff and most think it's funny to blow smoke on people.

they don't do this in 'the hood' cause there would be rolling bodies...not coal
Rolling coal sucks, however.... I did see one scenario where it was funny, some Bros rolled coal on protestors during the "summer of love" and it was perfect for that.

Whenever I see a truck that looks like it may be modified, I make sure to not pull up near it's tail pipe, I've seen lots of people get smoked out not realizing they pulled up next to a d-bag

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I can sympathize with slow Jeeps. They're sketchy as fuck at highway speeds lol. Ask me how I know.
Death Wobble is a real thing, I'm rehabbing an '81 CJ-7 right now as a matter of fact.

I'm talking about the non Wrangler folks - Patriots, Grand Cherokee, etc

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
People who use model numbers of cars...B35, 2JC...blah, blah, blah.
Guilty as charged, it's easier and more direct to get your point across.

There's several "300ZX" but the moment you say "Z31" or "Z32" folks will know exactly what you mean.

I like RX-7s
Which one?
The one from the 80s
Which one?
The one with the popup headlights
Which one?

vs

I love the FC
So do I but, I dunno.......the FB just has a special charm to it
True but, the FD will always be the king.

Basically, there's a reason folks do it besides "sounding cool" plus if you're talking to someone that knows their chassis codes - 9 times outta 10 they have a good idea of what's going on.

I typically save the Chassis and Engine code for other gearheads that speak the language.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

There's several "300ZX" but the moment you say "Z31" or "Z32" folks will know exactly what you mean.

I like RX-7s
Which one?
The one from the 80s
Which one?
Which one?

vs

I love the FC

Basically, there's a reason folks do it besides "sounding cool" plus if you're talking to someone that knows their chassis codes - 9 times outta 10 they have a good idea of what's going on.

I typically save the Chassis and Engine code for other gearheads that speak the language.
Same here. I only do it around people that I think know what's going on. Seems fine on car forums. I'll never describe my car as a E92 if I'm at work and someone asks me about it.

A couple years ago we were at the lake for a party and while walking through the parking lot one of my girl's friends pulled up in a used M5 her husband had just bought. We got to talking for a sec and at some point "E60" came out of my mouth and he replied with, "thanks but this is a M5 not a Mercedes." I was just like, "right on dude" and while walking away my girl turned to me and was like, "yeah I should have mentioned... he doesn't know shit about cars." It really just comes out naturally but I at least try to be a little more selective now.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

I like RX-7s
Which one?
The one from the 80s
Which one?
Which one?

vs

I love the FC

Same here. I only do it around people that I think know what's going on. Seems fine on car forums. I'll never describe my car as a E92 if I'm at work and someone asks me about it.

A couple years ago we were at the lake for a party and while walking through the parking lot one of my girl's friends pulled up in a used M5 her husband had just bought. We got to talking for a sec and at some point "E60" came out of my mouth and he replied with, "thanks but this is a M5 not a Mercedes." I was just like, "right on dude" and while walking away my girl turned to me and was like, "yeah I should have mentioned... he doesn't know shit about cars." It really just comes out naturally but I at least try to be a little more selective now.

right on! here's a few more examples...

r32 & r34 > r33
a80 > a90 & a91 (really they are j29)

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
It's a lot easier to say EK hatch than breaking out the entire year as well. Only works around car folk, though.