First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Death Wobble is a real thing, I'm rehabbing an '81 CJ-7 right now as a matter of fact.

I'm talking about the non Wrangler folks - Patriots, Grand Cherokee, etc
As a Jeep owner, we do not speak of death wobble. I actually sold one of my jeeps because I could not solve it. My current XJ is good though!

What has been getting to me lately is the amount of people who don't go when the light turns green. Seriously, I feel like every light I hit, I get stuck behind someone who doesn't go until I honk. Get off your phones people!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
What has been getting to me lately is the amount of people who don't go when the light turns green. Seriously, I feel like every light I hit, I get stuck behind someone who doesn't go until I honk. Get off your phones people!
The worst is when you purposely get behind a certain car because you think they're going to be the ones to go rather than the car in the other lane, but no, you get behind the dumbass instead. I believed in them and they let me down! 😭

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
The worst is when you purposely get behind a certain car because you think they're going to be the ones to go rather than the car in the other lane, but no, you get behind the dumbass instead. I believed in them and they let me down! 😭
1664056681699.png

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Yes! That is real and never fails haha. It's like when there is an opening and the person in front of you gets over right before you do and then goes the exact same speed as the person you thought they were going to pass....

Adding to this, I live in a mountain area. It drives me crazy how slow some people go through the turns, right next to someone going the same extra slow speed. They will do 10mph over on the straights and 20 under on the turns.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
As a Jeep owner, we do not speak of death wobble. I actually sold one of my jeeps because I could not solve it. My current XJ is good though!

I'm about to drive my JK off a cliff. No death wobble, but all kinds of other gremlins.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Yes! That is real and never fails haha. It's like when there is an opening and the person in front of you gets over right before you do and then goes the exact same speed as the person you thought they were going to pass....
This still happens to me from time to time but I usually just merge and go the second I get the chance now. I'm sure it pisses people off, but damn, you had your chance to merge if you're in front of me.

Adding to this, I live in a mountain area. It drives me crazy how slow some people go through the turns, right next to someone going the same extra slow speed. They will do 10mph over on the straights and 20 under on the turns.
I don't live in a mountain area but I see people that must think you're supposed to brake every time the road is not perfectly straight. They are the most basic curves. Who taught these people to drive?!

Most of my pet peeves have to do with driving 😅

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I'm about to drive my JK off a cliff. No death wobble, but all kinds of other gremlins.
Well ya its a JK. Anything after the big merge is bad. I would love a JKU but everything I have heard is bad. I'm on my 11th Jeep and the newest I have had was a 03 haha.

This still happens to me from time to time but I usually just merge and go the second I get the chance now. I'm sure it pisses people off, but damn, you had your chance to merge if you're in front of me.

I don't live in a mountain area but I see people that must think you're supposed to brake every time the road is not perfectly straight. They are the most basic curves. Who taught these people to drive?!

Most of my pet peeves have to do with driving 😅
Most of my pet peeves are dealing with stupid people on the road too. 2nd up is walk in customers. Stories for another time... common sense does not exist anymore.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
It's a lot easier to say EK hatch than breaking out the entire year as well. Only works around car folk, though.
Ugh, I want an EK hatch.

I got stuck behind someone going BELOW the speed limit in the absolute furthest LEFT LANE today on the highway and I just...that's way up in the all-time jimmies rustled list. Especially when people behind you think you're the one who's holding everyone up.

I'm sure this has been said in here, too, but people who leave signals on after changing lanes/whatever drive me up a wall. How are you not aware of the dash flash? Sometimes I am amazed humanity has made it as far as they have when I witness things like that.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Tell me you live in Georgia without saying "I live in Georgia."