280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
2nd Autocross in the NISMO.

Still learning the car but was really impressed today with the precise steering. There were a few instances I entered a turn too hot and was expecting some understeer but the NISMO exclusive traction mode applies light braking to the outside wheels and prevented it. Tires felt great however I will say today I had to baby short shift into 2nd right at the start as waiting to 5-6k rpm would really upset the rear right when I was entering the first gate. At the very end of the course I felt like it needed to be in 3rd as I could feel the power cut just a bit more than my last event when that wasnt an issue at all. I wonder how leaving it in auto would do but I just fear it will shift to 3rd like mid course and ruin my run so chose just to run manual. Here is my best run of the day. Hopefully will have some on course shots to post this week.

That was awesome!

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Any update on your 2023? Did the dealer end up selling it?

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Any update on your 2023? Did the dealer end up selling it?

It disappeared from the dealer website a couple months ago I assume they sold it or dealer traded

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
[QUOTE="MCN1SMO, post: 66434, member:
I enjoyed my 2023 Z and am glad I had it for 7 months as I feel I will have a better appreciation for the NISMO and the differences.
[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I'm really going to miss my 2023 Z and had fun times with it. But owning for approximately a year will give me a appreciation of the Nismo. Funny how things change, I thought I was going to take that 23 Rosewood Z to the grave with me. Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I ran Time Only no class even though the Z is classed as B street(BS) I would have won that class today that included a couple Corolla GRs and a M2. so turns out I had some solid runs

Last edited: