Manual Supra Confirmed for 23?

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
I'd take that as a grain of salt including a higher powered GRMN model.

There is no way BMW is going to give them the real M car engine.

If all of that is true, I am sold and will definitely make potential Z buyers have a second look.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'd take that as a grain of salt including a higher powered GRMN model.

There is no way BMW is going to give them the real M car engine.

If all of that is true, I am sold and will definitely make potential Z buyers have a second look.
Agree…I’ve wanted the Z for so long now that the shinnyness of it is wearing thin…the Supra may be an option for anyone who’s only previous argument was lack of a manual

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
The Supras biggest issues are the price and the buffeting when the windows are down?. The manual helps alot, but locking it behind a paywall of a higher trim or not reducing the price because of the manual is still gona hurt it.

Gobby

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
I'm not a manual fanatic, but that engine will definitely have me reconsidering the Z.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I bet a manual Supra will be quicker overall, chassis dynamics is better, to handle the power band. Nissan sure is slow to deliver the Z, that will hurt and lose customers.

splatrd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
I find it hard to believe it will happen since BMW currently only offers a manual in the M2 and M4. From what I have seen on their website build and price, there is no longer a manual available on any standard models. There is talk that the M240i may get one in the future. Fat lazy Americans have effectively killed off the manual, it is still widely available in Europe. In fact some countries offer drivers license in either manual or automatic. If you get the automatic license you can never drive a manual. I have had a manual from my very first car(1986) to present day, and do not want to give it up. I know the electric cars are completely eliminating any transmission all together. So I plan to buy a manual as long as I can. Lack of manual is what prevented me from ever considering the Supra, but now maybe I can reconsider. Time will tell, but won't hold my breath.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
This doesn't change my opinion at all.

1. Personally, I don't like the exterior styling.
2. It is still a BMW underneath, which means after 60k+ miles or so, it will start having expensive failures like most other BMW's.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
If the manual will only be offered on a limited GRMN edition.. no way will I be able to afford that. If the manual was also offered on the standard 3.0 and priced relatively close to the Z with the Performance package.. then I would consider it. I would still lean a bit more towards the Z cause the Z's styling is just that much better over the Supra.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I think both cars look really good; Personally for me, I'm not a fan of the interior of the Supra AT ALL; just a mix and match of Toyota plastics with BMW infotainment/seats. For the price (assuming $50k for Z Performance and used A90 @ $50k), both are great, I just prefer the Nissan Engine versus BMW in a Japanese car...the feeling you get when you hear a R35 start up and knowing that your car has a derivation of that great engine and sound..worth it..

The supra does have its merit by far in tuning, 0-60, etc etc, but I don't care for 0-60, or getting to 600whp, I want the feeling of a true japanese sports car..something I grew up on.. Regardless of how the z will fare in comparisons against Supra, i'm in it for the Nostaligia..

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
Im still keen on the Z. The Supra 3.0 in Manual would be tempting, but then again the pricing for the supra down in in Oz is stupid. around $105-$110k brand new and about $80k-$100k second hand, hence we rarely seem them on the road. if a GRMN version was release that would be way too expensive and would be north of $120k for us.

i do prefer the Z interior over the Supra. really hate that BMW Door chime!

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Yes, Manual is coming but.....they didn't say which one.....

BMW (and all Euros for that matter) have a really bad habit of sticking manuals in only the base models and the only Z4 with a stick is yep, you guessed it - the base model.

There's also the GRMN Supra but, that will be this car's swan song......I bet we won't see it until after a Nismo announcement.

Handling and Buffeting would still keep me out of a Supra vs a Z personally......but if that 6 banger Z4 gets a stick.......nah, that front end is all fucked up lol