First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
Awesome reply's ladies and gents!!! You guys made many good points. Exterior styling of the Z makes is more slick car and I feel it will age better than the supra. Last fun car I had was a SS 1LE so TTV6 Japanese cars are uncharted territory for me.

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
How pissed would you be if you bought an auto and really wanted a manual all alongā€¦

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Frigginā€™ Scientist
The ZF-8 isnā€™t bad at all, but does dampen the fun of the Supra for me. I was able to get mine new for under $49k (3.0 Premium), and that was an easy call for me. Iā€™d gladly give up a few tenths in the quarter mile for a manual, however. Itā€™s really a wonderful car to drive daily.

I like the infotainment in my ā€˜22 Frontier (apart from the Atari-esq cameras) more than the Supra and expect to enjoy the Zs tech more. I keep saying the Z will be my last gasser, so it must be a manual.

OP
OP
Snake

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
How pissed would you be if you bought an auto and really wanted a manual all alongā€¦
I'd be upset but its not the end of the world. I wonder how many current owners who say that want a manual are gonna trade in? Used supra market will be fat..

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'd be upset but its not the end of the world. I wonder how many current owners who say that want a manual are gonna trade in? Used supra market will be fat..
its already fat go look at ebay, auto trader and other sites. there are tons of zupr4s out there for sale...

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Well well well....A lot of current order may be cancelled until further notice lol

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
It could also be the A90 supra that had the Manual swap done to it sometime last year.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
https://www.thedrive.com/news/43855...64401&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

Interesting find from IG. How (if at all) does it change your opinion on the Supra? How will this affect Zā€™s roll out?
It puts it back on the radar for me, but unless it comes with a reasonable price reduction on the 6cyl it will remain outside of my budget.

I like that they're providing more options to people cross shopping the Z with comparable manuals though, which will hopefully keep Nissan honest on their pricing.

memelord

First Name
Toua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Occupation
Military
Let me chime in as a real Supra owner and not some opinionated forum memebers who have never driven a Supra or let alone seen one in real life.

Iā€™m 37. Iā€™ve been driving since 16. My very first car was a 1989 Honda Accord 5spd. Believe it or not, my father taught me to drive in a manual. We never had automatics in our family. So imagine a young 15 year old boy going for his first test drive in an auto. I told the instructor I donā€™t know how to shift or start the car.

thatā€™s a little background to get to my point. Fast forward 19 years later, the Supra comes out. Itā€™s an Auto only, ZF8 speed. I was heart broken, never owned an auto my whole life. 2 years later, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Supra. It was a great performance vehicle. I was kinda sad it wasnā€™t a manual. But over time I accepted it, the ZF was quick and smooth. Then I took it to the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC. That ZF8 speed opened up my eyes on how well it performed. I was so happy I had an auto. I never looked back or wished for a manual. If the Supra comes out with a manual, I wouldnā€™t trade my in for one.

In todayā€™s world, the advance auto will gap any manual. There is no way you are shifting faster than an auto.

Autos hold torque so much better than manuls. The 9 speed auto is going to be quick in the Z. Itā€™s going to be a power house compared to the 6 spd manaul. The problem with the manual is the upgraded clutch to hold the torque of a modded car. My left leg is going to get tired after awhile. I drove a stage 2 twin clutch EVO IX in Norfolk traffic once, I needed a wheelchair after that.

btw, donā€™t look down on a car you have never driven before. I see a lot of people not liking the Supra because itā€™s a BMW parts bin car. Donā€™t form an opinion on it until you drive it. Itā€™s a great car. Iā€™m happy with the B58 and itā€™s power potential. It has a bespoke chassis. Supras are very reliable. And like all things negative on the internet are blown out of proportions.

I canā€™t wait for the Z to come out. i will definitely take it for a test drive before I form my opinion. Iā€™m glad the Z is around or else we have a Subaru problem. without the Supra, the Z probably wonā€™t exist anymore or receive itā€™s engine of 400hp.

subaru became crap after the EVO died. Subaru said fuck innovation and styling, look at the wrx/sti platform after the evo died. Zero power bump, awful styling, and old innovations.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Let me chime in as a real Supra owner and not some opinionated forum memebers who have never driven a Supra or let alone seen one in real life.

Iā€™m 37. Iā€™ve been driving since 16. My very first car was a 1989 Honda Accord 5spd. Believe it or not, my father taught me to drive in a manual. We never had automatics in our family. So imagine a young 15 year old boy going for his first test drive in an auto. I told the instructor I donā€™t know how to shift or start the car.

thatā€™s a little background to get to my point. Fast forward 19 years later, the Supra comes out. Itā€™s an Auto only, ZF8 speed. I was heart broken, never owned an auto my whole life. 2 years later, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Supra. It was a great performance vehicle. I was kinda sad it wasnā€™t a manual. But over time I accepted it, the ZF was quick and smooth. Then I took it to the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC. That ZF8 speed opened up my eyes on how well it performed. I was so happy I had an auto. I never looked back or wished for a manual. If the Supra comes out with a manual, I wouldnā€™t trade my in for one.

In todayā€™s world, the advance auto will gap any manual. There is no way you are shifting faster than an auto.

Autos hold torque so much better than manuls. The 9 speed auto is going to be quick in the Z. Itā€™s going to be a power house compared to the 6 spd manaul. The problem with the manual is the upgraded clutch to hold the torque of a modded car. My left leg is going to get tired after awhile. I drove a stage 2 twin clutch EVO IX in Norfolk traffic once, I needed a wheelchair after that.

btw, donā€™t look down on a car you have never driven before. I see a lot of people not liking the Supra because itā€™s a BMW parts bin car. Donā€™t form an opinion on it until you drive it. Itā€™s a great car. Iā€™m happy with the B58 and itā€™s power potential. It has a bespoke chassis. Supras are very reliable. And like all things negative on the internet are blown out of proportions.

I canā€™t wait for the Z to come out. i will definitely take it for a test drive before I form my opinion. Iā€™m glad the Z is around or else we have a Subaru problem. without the Supra, the Z probably wonā€™t exist anymore or receive itā€™s engine of 400hp.

subaru became crap after the EVO died. Subaru said fuck innovation and styling, look at the wrx/sti platform after the evo died. Zero power bump, awful styling, and old innovations.
Not sure what your opening ā€œpointā€ was, but you lost meā€¦

Youā€™re completely missing the point of why people want a manual. The fact youā€™re saying an auto will gap a manual makes you sound, well, not 37. Come on you couldnā€™t throw a gapplebee in there?! Itā€™s been widely accepted every auto for the past decade (maybe longer) will outperform the manual equivalent. But then again Iā€™m just some opinionated forum member.