because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
i dont really think so, that nose in a specific camouflage manufacturers use for hiding details. there would be absolutely no reason to use it for the old nose
There's also the possibility that this video was captured some time ago when Nissan was still running tests, and only recently uploaded. I concede that this explanation doesn't really jive with the fact that the first car in the video doesn't have any camo on it. Nevertheless, it's possible this was captured last summer before the final reveal.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Well I’m excited! Hopefully not a some time ago video. 6 pots and a different front end would fix my disappointments. They will probably make it auto only just to irritate me again. Lol

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
this video tells me its old. Why would they still be testing the current one getting pushed out as well?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Poster says they took the video themselves the same day it was uploaded. I'm fairly certain it's a completely new front bumper. It's not the Custom prototype front bumper. This one has sharper edges on it. Looks more extreme. I'd guess Nismo front bumper testing. They need to test airflow to ensure it's getting optimal cooling in the most extreme heat conditions so what better place than AZ. Also it has a different set of wheels in the back and front. As I mentioned before the rear are the 16'+ 370Z Nismo wheels and the front look like the 19'+ 370Z Sport wheels. Hard to tell because they're painted black, but I know the 370Z well enough to know what wheels they are. And the front brake calipers definitely look different, bigger in general, than the normal 4 piston Akebonos. Guessing they are 6 pistons which points even more so to a Nismo test car.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
So, why would there be smaller diameter wheels on the rear axles?

G37

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37S Coupe 6MT, Q50S Hybrid, MDX
Occupation
Self
I came across this new video on YouTube. Not much to see until the 0:46 mark. Does that look like a new fascia to you?

It does appear to be the Fairlady Z’s front fascia which drastically improves the look of the Z’s front end. If we’re lucky it’ll be the standard front fascia for all cars. If we’re REALLY lucky it’ll be the front fascia of the upcoming Nismo.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
It does appear to be the Fairlady Z’s front fascia which drastically improves the look of the Z’s front end. If we’re lucky it’ll be the standard front fascia for all cars. If we’re REALLY lucky it’ll be the front fascia of the upcoming Nismo.
Let's hope that it's not that fascia. At least not exactly that fascia.

It isn't that bisecting the air dam cannot work, stylistically. In my view (and only mine, potentially), this is the issue with the concept from Tokyo - the mismatched angles and curvatures at the outer edges of the upper and lower environments simply do not work from a cohesive design perspective.

It looks like an aftermarket kit rather than a factory design. Amend that, and I can see it playing pretty well.

Fairlady Concept Bumper.JPG