How to search for a Z

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
The spreadsheet has all the serial numbers I've found, but I'm only searching in the US. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to search CA and AU without much luck.
cant get access to the sheet?

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Welcome to May!

Updated with data collected on May 1st (compared to April 26th).

Using the zip codes in this area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 173 to 166 (-7 cars).
  • removed: 20
  • added: 13
  • highest serial number: 311800 (unchanged)

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cinco de Mayo update:

Updated with data collected on May 5th (compared to May 1st).

Using the zip codes in this area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 166 to 148 (-18 cars).
  • removed: 19 (including mine)
  • added: 1

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
I just looked on the Nissan website and they are now showing inventory countrywide, including window stickers. Of course, I did not see a red car, but there is just about every color there and a lot of 6 speed/Performance models. Nice to see Nissan doing this which gives enthusiasts the opportunity to search for Z.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just looked on the Nissan website and they are now showing inventory countrywide, including window stickers. Of course, I did not see a red car, but there is just about every color there and a lot of 6 speed/Performance models. Nice to see Nissan doing this which gives enthusiasts the opportunity to search for Z.
I've been skeptical of Nissan's "National" search in the past, but it sure seems to be returning more cars now ("99+") than it did in the past. Maybe they fixed a bug.

However, I still think it doesn't return everything. For example, I just did a "National" search from 92130, and it didn't find the Passion Red model that my spreadsheet finds (at Ourisman Nissan, above). That one is still there.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
I've been skeptical of Nissan's "National" search in the past, but it sure seems to be returning more cars now ("99+") than it did in the past. Maybe they fixed a bug.

However, I still think it doesn't return everything. For example, I just did a "National" search from 92130, and it didn't find the Passion Red model that my spreadsheet finds (at Ourisman Nissan, above). That one is still there.
Thanks. I was not sure of Nissanā€˜s accuracy either, but I guess anything positive is good. The spreadsheet is extremely helpful.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks. I was not sure of Nissanā€˜s accuracy either, but I guess anything positive is good. The spreadsheet is extremely helpful.
That Passion Red seems to be really hard to find. I can't wait to see one on the street.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Me too. I'm not so sure about the red interior, but with a black interior it should look really good. I donā€™t have any pics of the interior of my ā€˜73 Red w/ black interior but it was a great color combination.

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
I was deadset on passionred since it was originally announced. Went and looked at the Ariya in Passionred and wasn't impressed to be honest on first glance. It was very dull in bright light, but looked really good in the shade. Need to see the Z in passionred though before the final decision is made forsure

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Cinco de Mayo update:

Updated with data collected on May 5th (compared to May 1st).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 166 to 148 (-18 cars).
  • removed: 19 (including mine)
  • added: 1
What's up with the midwest especially Chicagoland, seems like a deadzone for Zs. I still haven't seen a Z in person, was hoping by now a dealership around here would have one on display.

1683325617206.png

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's up with the midwest especially Chicagoland, seems like a deadzone for Zs. I still haven't seen a Z in person, was hoping by now a dealership around here would have one on display.

1683325617206.png
It's not that I'm trying to exclude it, it's just that it was outside my search zone, and nobody here has asked me to include it.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Thanks for doing this. Iā€™m especially interested in seeing how things evolve in the coming months.