bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Id imagine there's no way dealers hold onto these cars for months do they? Like how long does a car sit in their showroom for 90k before they think well lets try lowering the price lol. Guess we'll see.
If you search the Nissan inventory site with zip code 92130, there are two Proto Spec Zs that have been there for 4+ months. Not sure what the current markup is, but it had been +$20k and the reduced to +$15k.

These are the only cars close to me, and have been for months, which is why I drove 500 miles away to pick up mine.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Id imagine there's no way dealers hold onto these cars for months do they? Like how long does a car sit in their showroom for 90k before they think well lets try lowering the price lol. Guess we'll see.
If you were a dealership, what would you rather have in the showroom, a Z or a Rogue?

They like having a Z or GTR sitting there, it's good for the image of the dealership.

They probably consider carrying the Z on the books as the cost of doing business, or advertising.....

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Yes, we shall see. Who’s crazier, the dealers or the customers. ;) :)

But, whatever makes you happy. The cost to happiness ratio isn’t quite there for me, yet. ;)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
If you were a dealership, what would you rather have in the showroom, a Z or a Rogue?

They like having a Z or GTR sitting there, it's good for the image of the dealership.

They probably consider carrying the Z on the books as the cost of doing business, or advertising.....
agreed also the way they do financing and floor plans from Nissan its not going to hurt them to hold on to a 50K car for a while platinum pathfinders cost the same and a loaded Titan or Armada is way more. so yeah some will let them sit.. you are gonna see that new NISMO GTR marked up to 300K just sitting for months I guarantee it.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon

There is that factor. I talked to one dealership that had gotten a Z in March of this year and the owner liked having it set in the showroom until now, and then decided to put it up for sale. 2024 and more Z’s are coming, so he seemed to think it was good to move it.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

Yep display z and oh you like it? Want to put a deposit on it? Oh ya its non refundable 😜 and it will come when santa arrives

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)

Yeah good point, didn't think of it that way. I still hate it lol.

Ive never S'd any D's for a car but I've been considering it lately. Just gotta find the right salesman 🤣

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you search the Nissan inventory site with zip code 92130, there are two Proto Spec Zs that have been there for 4+ months. Not sure what the current markup is, but it had been +$20k and the reduced to +$15k.

These are the only cars close to me, and have been for months, which is why I drove 500 miles away to pick up mine.
These two Zs vanished from the Nissan inventory site since yesterday. I may need to run the spreadsheet again to see what's changed...

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
These two Zs vanished from the Nissan inventory site since yesterday. I may need to run the spreadsheet again to see what's changed...
I re-ran the spreadsheet, and my conclusion is that Nissan's inventory web site is broken (or at least changed behavior) since my last run on Friday. Searching nationally, each zip code is returning a maximum of only 20 cars, while on Friday each zip code returned a maximum of 120 cars. I'll check again next Friday.

In fact, it's the same 20 cars no matter which zip code I search. Is anybody else seeing this?

https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/search-inventory?model=nissan-z

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Yes, I noticed something strange was going on yesterday when I did some searches. Maybe Nissan was messing with it on Friday and when quitting time came, they left the mess “as is” for the weekend. ;)

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Seems to be working again.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Happy Memorial Day, my friends. Here's another update.

Updated with data collected on May 26th (compared to May 19th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 187 to 166 (-21 cars).
  • removed: 27
  • added: 6
  • highest serial number: 311800 (unchanged)

It's interesting that we see cars being added (trickling in, really), but the highest serial number has been stuck at 311800 a month. I'm assuming these started at 310000, which would mean only 1800ish built so far for this VIN space.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Welcome to June! Are there more Zs? Check it out:

Updated with data collected on June 2nd (compared to May 26th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 166 to 125 (-41 cars).
  • removed: 41
  • added: bupkis. nada. zero. zilch.
  • highest serial number: 311800 (unchanged)