How to search for a Z

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
My local dealer got one in last month and today I had a chance to finally check it out. Its was a black auto and i will say it looked fucking sharp in person. Still crazy that the sales guy had absolutely no idea what it was lol. He literally told me "Its automatic, I dont think they make these in manual anymore". Then told me he wasn't sure how many trim levels there were. Best part was, sticker was 65k LOL. He told me they dont plan on getting another one until next year.

Its just hilarious at this point. I've completely given up and decided to put a deposit down on a Supra. Was it my first choice? Absolutely not and honestly i wasn't a huge fan until i also got to see one in person, and my dealer sells them at msrp which is great. There's still a wait for the Supra but im third in line and my dealer says their group / network gets a few each month. Just having some info is fucking nice because I lost all hope with Nissan.

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My local dealer got one in last month and today I had a chance to finally check it out. Its was a black auto and i will say it looked fucking sharp in person. Still crazy that the sales guy had absolutely no idea what it was lol. He literally told me "Its automatic, I dont think they make these in manual anymore". Then told me he wasn't sure how many trim levels there were. Best part was, sticker was 65k LOL. He told me they dont plan on getting another one until next year.

Its just hilarious at this point. I've completely given up and decided to put a deposit down on a Supra. Was it my first choice? Absolutely not and honestly i wasn't a huge fan until i also got to see one in person, and my dealer says them at msrp which is great. There's still a wait for the Supra but im third in line and my dealer says their group / network gets a few each month. Just having some info is fucking nice because I lost all hope with Nissan.
It's a real fuckin kick in the teeth when these dealers obviously don't care about the details of the products they sell, but they know enough to mark it up. Fuck them and their "400Z"

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's a real fuckin kick in the teeth when these dealers obviously don't care about the details of the products they sell, but they know enough to mark it up. Fuck them and their "400Z"
Yeah its insane, I almost laughed out loud at some of the stuff he was saying. Im sure there's even more Im forgetting but he was just spewing nonsense. Its all just tiring. I was very outspoken about not wanting a Supra but fuck it, Carmax is still offering me damn good prices on my STI because it only has 5k miles and im just bored. I want something new to tinker with. Wish it was a Z but its just not happening. I even wanted a Sport model and those seem even MORE rare lol.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
It’s a “bait and switch” move from Nissan. Except there aren’t even that many Performance and Protos to switch to, especially without being financially raped. ;)

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Sunday the 7th update.

Based on an idea from @Georges1, I created version 2 of the spreadsheet. The old version searched for cars using a 500-mile radius from each of 21 zip codes. Version 2 uses the national search from only six zip codes. It seems to be limited to 120 cars per zip code, but overall, it found more cars. Many cars show up in multiple zip codes, leading me to believe that the coverage is pretty good. However, some cars show up only in one zip code, so there may still be coverage gaps.

Updated with data collected on May 7th (compared to May 5th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 148 to 223 (+75 cars).
  • highest serial number: 311800 (unchanged)

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Sunday the 7th update.

Based on an idea from @Georges1, I created version 2 of the spreadsheet. The old version searched for cars using a 500-mile radius from each of 21 zip codes. Version 2 uses the national search from only six zip codes. It seems to be limited to 120 cars per zip code, but overall, it found more cars. Many cars show up in multiple zip codes, leading me to believe that the coverage is pretty good. However, some cars show up only in one zip code, so there may still be coverage gaps.

Updated with data collected on May 7th (compared to May 5th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 148 to 223 (+75 cars).
Thanks for doing this. Nice to see more cars.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Back from vacation update!

Updated with data collected on May 13th (compared to May 7th).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 223 to 210 (-13 cars).
  • removed: 27
  • added: 14

Last edited:
OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it Friday already? Time for another update!

Updated with data collected on May 19th (compared to May 13th).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 210 to 187 (-23 cars).
  • removed: 31
  • added: 8

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it Friday already? Time for another update!

Updated with data collected on May 19th (compared to May 13th).

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered decreased from 210 to 187 (-23 cars).
  • removed: 31
  • added: 8
I think a bunch of dealers just got their cars in because ive been getting a bunch of calls this week. Problem is all the msrp cars seem to be gone and every call I got was 15-20k over. Absolutely insane.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
I think a bunch of dealers just got their cars in because ive been getting a bunch of calls this week. Problem is all the msrp cars seem to be gone and every call I got was 15-20k over. Absolutely insane.
Eek! Yes, I’m see the same thing, price-wise. One I was looking at may have been closer to 5 to 6K over MSRP but who knows what it would really be if you actually went in person to be groped and raped at the dealer.

I’ll definitely be waiting. One thing I’ve seen over the years with a hot model, eventually you’ll see folks have some “buyer’s remorse,” especially if they got roped into a bad deal and don’t want to keep making huge monthly payments. After a year or so, they’ll put it on the market.

What’s hot today becomes just another set of wheels pretty rapidly in today’s 15 minutes of fame.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eek! Yes, I’m see the same thing, price-wise. One I was looking at may have been closer to 5 to 6K over MSRP but who knows what it would really be if you actually went in person to be groped and raped at the dealer.

I’ll definitely be waiting. One thing I’ve seen over the years with a hot model, eventually you’ll see folks have some “buyer’s remorse,” especially if they got roped into a bad deal and don’t want to keep making huge monthly payments. After a year or so, they’ll put it on the market.

What’s hot today becomes just another set of wheels pretty rapidly in today’s 15 minutes of fame.
Id imagine there's no way dealers hold onto these cars for months do they? Like how long does a car sit in their showroom for 90k before they think well lets try lowering the price lol. Guess we'll see.