How to display the gears on the digital display?

MindScape

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z Performance (Black)
Occupation
Market Research
Wow that's wild but it looks like it is not an option on my car. thank you all so much for looking into it with me.

PXL_20230424_175154662.jpg
Maybe it's only on the performance models that it shows? But that sounds really weird why that would be a performance only thing..

I found a video of a manual Sport Z and gears don't show on his video either, but do in all the Z Performance videos:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ckynus

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
such an odd thing to make an option since its software

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Maybe it's only on the performance models that it shows? But that sounds really weird why that would be a performance only thing..
Uhhh, it's reverse thinking. The Performance guys don't have to 'see' what gear he/she is in, it's the other way around...🤔😁

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I think that gear position setting only makes it display the gear inside the tacho on normal mode but doesn't make it appear to the left of the tacho in sports mode (where it should appear by default). Weird that it's not an option for you though and is probably somehow be related to your issue.

Maybe try doing a factory reset in the settings menu if you haven't already?

mrutter1

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Rosewood Metallic Z Sport Manual
Occupation
Public Schools
First time posting...wife has a new 2024 Z Sport pkg w/ manual trans. She'd like to see the gear in the instrument display. I've read the manual and played with the settings and have not found it. She doesn't need it; just likes it. Her BRZ had it. Did a search and found this thread before making a new one...any update since Apr of 2023? Thanks!

OP
OP
Ckynus

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
First time posting...wife has a new 2024 Z Sport pkg w/ manual trans. She'd like to see the gear in the instrument display. I've read the manual and played with the settings and have not found it. She doesn't need it; just likes it. Her BRZ had it. Did a search and found this thread before making a new one...any update since Apr of 2023? Thanks!
For unknown reasons it's not available on the sport trim