Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok - now your decision makes a lot of sense. Great car.
Have to say…it honestly looks even better in person.
Once I pick it up I’ll take some photos of the interior as well…and maybe a quick 5second vid to show you how it sounds
Surprisingly a lot of room in the boot as well

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Have to say…it honestly looks even better in person.
Once I pick it up I’ll take some photos of the interior as well…and maybe a quick 5second vid to show you how it sounds
Surprisingly a lot of room in the boot as well
Yeah I had a look at some pics of others for sale. Looks very liveable - and I did notice the enviable boot space.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Here’s one

IMG_3330.jpeg
Nice!

If BMW made a fixed-roof hardtop version of this, that's probably what I'd buy. I know, I know. That's the Supra. But I ask: is it?

I just can't bring myself to like the Supra's over-styled facade. The Z4 looks great without overdoing it.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Nice!

If BMW made a fixed-roof hardtop version of this, that's probably what I'd buy. I know, I know. That's the Supra. But I ask: is it?

I just can't bring myself to like the Supra's over-styled facade. The Z4 looks great without overdoing it.
They did use to make hard tops…but stopped a number of years ago…sadly back then the bonnet was overly long, so I wasn’t a fan.

No it’s not a Supra, the Supra is a BMW….or the ugly sibling to a BMW at any rate.🤣
Anyone who looks back on my posts will know I’ve never been a Supra fan.

If I had 200k it would be the Lotus Elise, but this is enough until I win the lotto 🤣

Last edited:

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Congrats @West Aussie the Z4 is another car that looks even better in the flesh. At least you've got something fun to enjoy now & can always get some other edition of the Z in the future.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I just really wanted to give a shout out to Nissan Osborne Park….went in Wednesday night to cancel order, had the money back in my account by Thursday.
Today I went in to ask if I could return my Z car mats, because I am no longer getting the car (my husband bought them for my birthday)
They are a special order and I would have full understood if they refused to refund them as they can not send them back.
They refunded all but $10 on the spot.

Really Nissan Aus head office needs to sort their crap out, because these franchise dealerships have been through hell during covid. They somehow managed not to go bankrupt, lost most of their staff and are doing everything they can to keep customers happy …it’s a real shame.

I’m so happy with my new car ( pick it up tonight) but I REALLY did feel sorry for the salesmen …what is happening is not fair to either customer or dealer

Last edited:

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
my deposit is back in my bank account alread
Sorry to see even you didn’t get a Z West Aussie. What a farce.

Nissan Osborne Park were equally good and quick about getting my deposit back too. Seems that’s the only thing Nissan is any good at. 😞

Enjoy your Z4 - great car

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
So how many of us are left on this site without any notification (those who ordered prior to the order book being closed out for pre-orders, approx 30th June 2022) of a car yet.​

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So how many of us are left on this site without any notification (those who ordered prior to the order book being closed out for pre-orders, approx 30th June 2022) of a car yet.​
so my dealer actually reached out to me last week.

it was a bit of a nothing update just to say we are still monitoring but no update.

which I still appreciate just to say they are keeping track.

now I ordered June 11 2022 so very late in that window so really not expecting a car.

however I was their 4/5 order. I cannot remember exactly.

And they have no updates on any of the prior orders either as I was curious and asked

Now we also know around May 22 they announced over 1200 deposits
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-nissan-z-price-and-specs-up-to-22810-more-than-370z/

Now we also know from vfacts that they are delivering under 68 a month as not on the sports 80k and under list other than one month last year.
https://www.drive.com.au/news/vfacts-march-2023-new-car-sales-australia/

So yeah right now on current work if you ordered June last year expect mid next year depending on how many pull out.

now I personally know just over 10 people with orders and none have pulled out

yes there have been some we see from the internets but I’m guessing the majority are still in.

I personally think number will increase but still expect an early 24 delivery.

the big question is when the build date was.