Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So, my car is at the dealership doing pre-delivery. Ready by Friday. Ironically I also pickup the BRZ tomorrow…… Also currently driving a 21 Mustang GT, so will have a real back to back. 😊
747E9D7E-8C50-4217-883D-B8012046BC31.jpeg
Greedy guts
What delivery month did they tell you..April or May?
Interested because it may give me a clue.

Congrats by the way….wish I could afford all three 😢

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Greedy guts
What delivery month did they tell you..April or May?
Interested because it may give me a clue.

Congrats by the way….wish I could afford all three 😢
April, so slightly early.

The Mustang is my work drive car, so it's just the BRZ and Z which I will own. Given the terrible delivery times the plan was always to have one, and when the next one arrived make a decision on my favourite and sell the other. I only ordered the Z and Mustang (switched to the S650 model Dark Horse) BRZ was an impulse based on Nissan delays...

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Easy to add more power to the new BRZ/86?
This model has a 2.4l which is a lot better then outgoing 2.0l. Normally aspirated, so any real performance improvements come from forced induction. It's more of a 'momentum car' in that it is light with a low centre of gravity so handles well.

If I was going down that path I'd do the HKS supercharger kit, as you keep the NA power delivery characteristics. Cost is around $10k fitted.

I picked up a 10th anniversary model so will probably just leave completely standard. :)

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Congrats on the Mustang. Will be interesting to see if it’s got any similarities with how the Z drives.
Meanwhile in boat spotting land, looks like the last one to come from Yokohama is still sitting off the coast:
TRANS FUTURE 5 Current position (Vehicles Carrier….png.png

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Anyone else watch that YouTube video of an Australian Z owner naming 15 things he hates or are bad about the new Z?

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Yeah! His videos are pretty good. Main thing that stood out to me was re: the roof being a wrap, I'd read elsewhere that it was just the lower part which is (where he's showing in the video). Hopefully it's not.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah! His videos are pretty good. Main thing that stood out to me was re: the roof being a wrap, I'd read elsewhere that it was just the lower part which is (where he's showing in the video). Hopefully it's not.
Yeah the wrap is a pretty big thing in our Aussie environment. Most wraps only last 3 years here ….it’s not good because no one knows what’s under it. My guess is it wouldn’t be the expensive body colour paint…but a primer paint.

My husband has finally cracked and agreed. If my car is not on a ship by start of May we will get our money back and he will agree to paying the extra for the BMW instead Z4 instead.

It’s got beyond a joke and the quality issues coming out are a real concern….especially the latest with the bonnet lifters popping up from just hitting a curb the wrong way and the manual stating it could even happen just going over railway crossings …really? I mean what the heck are they doing in design land
That’s a 2.5k fix in the US just for parts….or almost 5k in Aussie dollars

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
It's like a go cart in comparison to the Mustang. Very low, laterally much stiffer suspension. Just feels half the size to drive... I am thinking the Z is going to be somewhere in the middle of both. :)

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
April, so slightly early.

The Mustang is my work drive car, so it's just the BRZ and Z which I will own. Given the terrible delivery times the plan was always to have one, and when the next one arrived make a decision on my favourite and sell the other. I only ordered the Z and Mustang (switched to the S650 model Dark Horse) BRZ was an impulse based on Nissan delays...
This is my situation. Z delivery next week but have 2024 dark horse on order too. Expect that will be my keeper, but wife might want to keep the Z for her.