Hands Up all the Aussies

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
He’s a bit of a tool. I noticed his piss take on the camera is BS in that he moves the camera between shots. Isn’t he the guy that posted the video about how lucky he was and he bought the car 50/50 with his dad?

Anyone else watch that YouTube video of an Australian Z owner naming 15 things he hates or are bad about the new Z?

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This is my situation. Z delivery next week but have 2024 dark horse on order too. Expect that will be my keeper, but wife might want to keep the Z for her.
Hammo when you in to pick it up can you do me a favour and give Tass a kick up the arse and tell him to find out when my car will be sent.
I’m sick of asking 🤣🤣

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Hammo when you in to pick it up can you do me a favour and give Tass a kick up the arse and tell him to find out when my car will be sent.
I’m sick of asking 🤣🤣
Will do. He was all over me making sure I settled balance before end of month. Now that I’ve done it it’s crickets. I expect all good though. He didn’t think they have any accessories available yet though.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Anyone in perth have any recommendations for ceramic coat preferably north of river?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Will do. He was all over me making sure I settled balance before end of month. Now that I’ve done it it’s crickets. I expect all good though. He didn’t think they have any accessories available yet though.
Thanks ….bit rude after the long wait.
I will say Marisa in handovers is pretty good.
Did you talk to her about parts etc.
Their package for darkest tint, ceramic coat, interior protection and a dash cam all fitted was around 2.3k from memory
When I priced tinting at tint a car it wasn’t much cheaper than just the tinting at the dealer and for the trouble I thought it would just be easier to get it done and dusted there.
She is also super helpful, taking my calls when the dealers kept leaving and wouldn’t
I didn’t think the price was that bad for everything all inclusive and what seems to be backed by a good warranty

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
This is my situation. Z delivery next week but have 2024 dark horse on order too. Expect that will be my keeper, but wife might want to keep the Z for her.
Yeah the Dark Horse is going to be a good bit of kit. Especially as it comes standard with Magna Ride, which it needs for it's girth at speed, without killing your kidney's all the time...

The Mustangs just have sooo much drama going on all the time... The induction and exhaust sound is intoxicating...

I still feel like the Z is going to be the nicer long termer for some reason. The knockers who say it's more GT, make me almost certain of this, as I think it will be comfortable, and as it's turbo charged I feel like you could drive Miss Daisy more easily... If it had the bi-modal exhaust and magnetic or some other mode adjustable suspension, like the mustang, it would be the perfect coupe IMHO.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Yeah the Dark Horse is going to be a good bit of kit. Especially as it comes standard with Magna Ride, which it needs for it's girth at speed, without killing your kidney's all the time...

The Mustangs just have sooo much drama going on all the time... The induction and exhaust sound is intoxicating...

I still feel like the Z is going to be the nicer long termer for some reason. The knockers who say it's more GT, make me almost certain of this, as I think it will be comfortable, and as it's turbo charged I feel like you could drive Miss Daisy more easily... If it had the bi-modal exhaust and magnetic or some other mode adjustable suspension, like the mustang, it would be the perfect coupe IMHO.
Tourer suits me. Not looking for a track car. This is kind of the motorbike I’ll never put my family through.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Day 2 with this car and I am loving it more and more. Yes, it's noisy in the cabin in comparison to my other cars, it takes a little more effort to get into it, the ride can sometime feel a little rough, it doesn't have the power of the Mustang but..... It is the most connected to the road car I've driven since my R32 Golf and old Porsche. I can see why so many track them. It makes the Mustang feel like a speed boat in comparison, and I love the Mustang. So excited to get the Z and finish the comparison.

If you don't look back when you walk away it's not your car. Makes me smile and I think it might be smiling back. :)

IMG_0420.jpeg

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Yeah the wrap is a pretty big thing in our Aussie environment. Most wraps only last 3 years here ….it’s not good because no one knows what’s under it. My guess is it wouldn’t be the expensive body colour paint…but a primer paint.
I had dreams (nightmares) about the black wrap peeling off last night so thanks for that!

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I had dreams (nightmares) about the black wrap peeling off last night so thanks for that!
Yeah that's crazy if it's the case. I think someone should pull the wrap off to see if it's the base colour underneath?

One of the reasons I went with black is that I am not a big fan of the two tone. Maybe growing up in the 80's with Vinyl roofs has caused that...

Ironically I had seriously contemplated the Passion Red and getting the roof sprayed, as my 260z Coupe was red.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Has anyone had any experience with AAMI and modified vehicles? I went to check how much/if they would cover me when I change the exhaust and was surprised to see they automatically include cover for mods. There doesn't seem to be any option to update the policy to list any modifications.

I have heard bad things about AAMI and claims but they were 40% cheaper than the next best quote so I couldn't pass up.

1680048118253.png

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
If you’re willing to pay the accident’s insurance excess fee straight up and get a refund after everything is fixed go for it.
They won’t even chase the person who damaged you car until you pay. That was my gripe.

Modification wise - no idea.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I had them back in the day when the s14 was "streetable" and yeah they covered.
I also had the opposite I had a uninsured person hit me who had an out of state license driving avic car.

Had me in a few days later, but was a shit repair joint.

last claim I had was in the ute and got rear ended lucky the person who hit me was also with AAMI, I was contacted next morning and they booked me in based around my avaliblity, that one was a really good repair.

if you are going for a new policy and start ticking too many mod boxes however they won't cover you and send you to shannons who they now own. but they were ok with me adding things as I went along.