First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
How does one go about cancelling an order and receiving back their deposit? I'll head into my dealership and see where my order is at. I'm not saying I'm going to cancel but I'd like to know.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist

How does one go about cancelling an order and receiving back their deposit? I'll head into my dealership and see where my order is at. I'm not saying I'm going to cancel but I'd like to know.
I had my dealer endorse the contract as can cancel at any time with full refund. I would think you just advise the dealer that f you want to cancel. If its been one month past the estimated delivery on your contract you are entitled to a full refund.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
I haven't received any contact from the dealership since signing. They did verbally say that I wanted to cancel that shouldn't be a problem.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I haven't received any contact from the dealership since signing. They did verbally say that I wanted to cancel that shouldn't be a problem.
Just ask….my dealer said they have to give a refund after 6 months legally. But also they are happy to give them because they could sell the car ten times over.
I looked into getting a BMW Z4 ….but they just sold the last of the spec I want so a new build date is not until June, so car won’t arrive until near the end of Sept Oct.
Had nissan been honest with us, I would be driving something else by now…more fool me for believing them

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
I'd review the paperwork first just to know what obligations you and the dealer have. I had a clause in my (MTA WA) contract like
In the case of a new vehicle, if a Delivery Date is not stated in this Contract, the Dealer will deliver the vehicle within three (3) months of this Contract becoming binding on the parties
and
The Purchaser may terminate this Contract if the Dealer has breached any of the obligations imposed on the Dealer by this Contract
So when I cancelled I just shot off an email to the dealer stating that I wanted to terminate the contract and asked for next steps on having the deposit refunded. I did need to follow them up a bit to get it moving, but that should be enough.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Recieved delivery yet?
Nah not yet mate. Ship did dock this weekend and left yesterday. Sat out in local waters for over a week.
Dealer thinks this week or next for hand over. We might be at same dealership, 2x Manual Protos coming in.

Cheers.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I will say the 350 sounded much better.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Easy to add more power to the new BRZ/86?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
So, my car is at the dealership doing pre-delivery. Ready by Friday. Ironically I also pickup the BRZ tomorrow…… Also currently driving a 21 Mustang GT, so will have a real back to back. 😊
747E9D7E-8C50-4217-883D-B8012046BC31.jpeg
A little long in cars perhaps? I think I’d end up always using the one as too hard to move the others.