Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Most of the coupes “for sale” on caresales are click bait
Once you click on them to see the details it says they are available to order, or a demo that is not available yet.
The protos on the other hand….
The thing that gets me is we know there are still people waiting for the delivery of their Protos and I have to wonder with so many up for sale….if dealers sold their first lots to “friends” so they can on sell to make a profit.
I know in WA we have a couple that came from interstate being resold at dealerships. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if sister dealerships were ordering, then swapping to sell at a good mark up, whilst getting around our laws.

Call me a cynic if you must….at this stage I’m so over it, and nothing would surprise me .
being the 3 people I know who got a Proto all were very very early orders I don;t think so.
(one of those hated the gearbox that much his was the 2nd that the dealer in WA bought. and was trying to talk me out of getting one!)

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
there's a white one up for sale here in Brissy for about $82k
This one's legit, guy is on FB also, if I wasn't as committed to the Blue I'd seriously consider buying this, the car looks good in white, my 370z was white and I loved the why it looked

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah..but when you click “private” then there is actually only the one white coupe and four Protos up for sale
Out of around 30 on non private “dealer” options.
This is what makes me think…somethings going on

What’s more the private sales are the ones selling at more reasonable prices.
Dealers all over 100k

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
being the 3 people I know who got a Proto all were very very early orders I don;t think so.
(one of those hated the gearbox that much his was the 2nd that the dealer in WA bought. and was trying to talk me out of getting one!)
I don’t know…there’s guys on here that have been waiting a year and a half @Ballast Scorcher ordered pretty early .
I can’t see 20 out of the 100 ( being generous) delivered would be legit up for sale already.
Like I said I’m a cynic and I feel really bad for anyone who is still holding out for a proto seeing these come up in these types of numbers
Not good advertising for Nissan either because it’s either dealer Tom foolery or people not liking the car enough to keep it

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
What’s more the private sales are the ones selling at more reasonable prices.
Dealers all over 100k
Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

• Dealers need to sell at driveaway price inc stamp duty
  • Private sale is the sale of the car - then when you transfer the rego you pay stamp duty etc. based on the state
end price either way would be fairly similar?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I dint know…there’s guys on here that have been waiting a year and a half @Ballast Scorcher ordered pretty early .
I can’t see 20 out of the 100 ( being generous) delivered would be legit up for sake already.
Like I said I’m a cynic and I feel really bad for anyone who is still holding out for a proti seeing these come up in these types of numbers
Not good advertising for Nissan either because it’s either dealer Tom foolery or people not liking the car enough to keep it
I'm going to make a wild guess here.

people got the car and went Fk it if I can make 20K over night why not.
if it doen't sell I'll keep it.

hell I would be tempted!

but then I am very patient and could wait for another.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

• Dealers need to sell at driveaway price inc stamp duty
  • Private sale is the sale of the car - then when you transfer the rego you pay stamp duty etc. based on the state
end price either way would be fairly similar?
No that’s incorrect.. in WA at least stamp duty is in addition and not included (at least it was on my sons car when we purchased it) unless it’s advertised as drive away. Most secondhand dealerships have “exc gov charges”

Note that on all the adverts for the Zs including dealers they have written..excluding gov charges, so not the same price ….in most cases the dealers are selling between 10-20k more ….again, that’s why I think something dodgy has gone on

There are a couple which have the drive away price, but most do not

Last edited:

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered my Proto in Sept 2021, hence i suspect other Proto orders where Feb 2023 was provided by Nissan were a similar date.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
No that’s incorrect.. in WA at least stamp duty is in addition and not included (at least it was on my sons car when we purchased it) unless it’s advertised as drive away. Most secondhand dealerships have “exc gov charges”

Note that on all the adverts for the Zs including dealers they have written..excluding gov charges, so not the same price ….in most cases the dealers are selling between 10-20k more ….again, that’s why I think something dodgy has gone on

There are a couple which have the drive away price, but most do not
This is correct - at least in WA. My drive away price in WA is ~$82,500. If I was to try and sell straight away and get my money back -zero profit - I would have to sell at $82,500 plus govt charges - which in WA would be $5,362.50 plus a transfer fee of ~$20. So the end used drive away price would now be $87,882 - a 6.5% increase.

Before anyone asks - mine will not be for sale unless I somehow end up with 2024 Mustang Dark Horse in my garage in the next 12 months (unlikely).

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Ok in QLD , most prices are drive away.
I think dealers will generally quote drive away even on used, but with a private sale the obligation is on the purchaser to lodge their half of the transfer paperwork and pay the duty. WA at 6.5% I think is perhaps the highest in the country.

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think dealers will generally quote drive away even on used, but with a private sale the obligation is on the purchaser to lodge their half of the transfer paperwork and pay the duty. WA at 6.5% I think is perhaps the highest in the country.
All our taxes are the highest in the country 😡
That’s why the Z costs the most here drive away

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
I ordered my Proto in Sept 2021, hence i suspect other Proto orders where Feb 2023 was provided by Nissan were a similar date.
I know for a fact that people that paid ordered in October 21 have their Protos in their garage.. This is what annoys the crap out of me. You ordered before them and have nothing..