Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
but damn there ate 19 Protos for sale right now.
One of those is mine. I've had a couple offers in the low 90's but I've decided to keep it unless I get an offer too good to refuse (mid 90 or higher).

I'm pretty sure I will end up keeping it, so much so that I've irresponsibly ordered a HKS exhaust, the one in this post: https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...-vr30ddtt-super-turbo-muffler.1719/post-55271 Very expensive but by far the best sounding IMO. Should be here in 2-3 weeks hopefully.

Separately, (according to FB) the quarantine issue talked about in this article has meant Nissan has decided not to send any more cars until the backlog has cleared. No idea if accurate or not. https://www.drive.com.au/news/quarantine-crisis-deepens-thousands-cars-stranded/

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Separately, (according to FB) the quarantine issue talked about in this article has meant Nissan has decided not to send any more cars until the backlog has cleared. No idea if accurate or not. https://www.drive.com.au/news/quarantine-crisis-deepens-thousands-cars-stranded/
[/QUOTE]
When I was with BlueScope we had the same issue ship left Port Kembla loaded with customer orders and then got held up in NZ account of stink bugs, ship was fumigated twice over a two week period before being allowed to dock

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Great article, @cainen, thanks for sharing. A nice peek into the logistics how how cars move around and make it to their buyers. From the article, it sounds like this isn't a new problem, but one more associated with storing cars before loading in the country of origin.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Z1 Intakes installed.
Honestly should have been a 30 min job, but took hours because of the stupid retaining clip Nissan use on their OEM inlet tubes (connecting to MAF housing)

1679470184715.png

Haven't dyno'd yet, but to my great disappointment I can't hear anything different... I love intake noise šŸ˜¢

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
How do you know what they're selling for? I'm inclined to think that they're not selling.
I donā€™t know what they are actually selling forā€¦only what they have advertised for. Dealers charging much more than the private sellers.
Or at least trying too

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
One of those is mine. I've had a couple offers in the low 90's but I've decided to keep it unless I get an offer too good to refuse (mid 90 or higher).

I'm pretty sure I will end up keeping it, so much so that I've irresponsibly ordered a HKS exhaust, the one in this post: https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...-vr30ddtt-super-turbo-muffler.1719/post-55271 Very expensive but by far the best sounding IMO. Should be here in 2-3 weeks hopefully.

Any dealers using this as an excuse are *probably* full of shit.
BMSB seasonal measure do not apply to goods shipped out of Japan. The only intervention would be increased surveillance at a vessel level - not the goods themselves.
For interest sake, the seasonal measures run from September through to April, and have done so the past 5+ years, so don't know why it would suddenly be an issue now...

The only exceptions to this may include:
  • Biosecurity detect stink bugs on the vessel (haven't heard of any so far out of Japan)
  • Vessel travels through a target risk country on it's way to AU (unlikely - shipping lines avoid doing this because of BMSB)
  • There have been detections in vessels currently in port which has slowed terminal berthing down. I've not heard of this being the case though.

Take all this with a grain of salt, of course, but I strongly suspect any dealer using this as a reason for delays is grossly misinformed, or clutching at straws in search of a reasonable answer to why Nissan can't pump out cars.
The answer to that remains the same, we just don't like to hear it...

1679480831520.png

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Any dealers using this as an excuse are *probably* full of shit.
BMSB seasonal measure do not apply to goods shipped out of Japan. The only intervention would be increased surveillance at a vessel level - not the goods themselves.
For interest sake, the seasonal measures run from September through to April, and have done so the past 5+ years, so don't know why it would suddenly be an issue now...

The only exceptions to this may include:
  • Biosecurity detect stink bugs on the vessel (haven't heard of any so far out of Japan)
  • Vessel travels through a target risk country on it's way to AU (unlikely - shipping lines avoid doing this because of BMSB)
  • There have been detections in vessels currently in port which has slowed terminal berthing down. I've not heard of this being the case though.

Take all this with a grain of salt, of course, but I strongly suspect any dealer using this as a reason for delays is grossly misinformed, or clutching at straws in search of a reasonable answer to why Nissan can't pump out cars.
The answer to that remains the same, we just don't like to hear it...

1679480831520.png
Agree
This is what I just wrote on the Facebook post

Gone away and thought about this a bit.
I call bulls#*t
Not on you, have no doubt thatā€™s what you and your dealer have been told.
But is Nissan Corp really expecting me to believe that
Aā€¦they have cars ready to go, but wonā€™t send them
Bā€¦other dealers are still sending theirs, but Nissan is happy to go to the back of the line and wait whilst they slip further down that line missing out on sales and
Cā€¦that said cars that have been made are being kept inside somewhere safe? Because if not and they are being stored in the field, they have a higher chance of having bugs, insects etc infiltrate their inventory and therefore have a bigger risk of the cars being sent back or having to spend $$ to fumigate (as outlined in the article)

It really doesnā€™t make sense.
What does makes senseā€¦they still havenā€™t made the cars yet and are using this as yet another excuse

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Agree
This is what I just wrote on the Facebook post

Gone away and thought about this a bit.
I call bulls#*t
Not on you, have no doubt thatā€™s what you and your dealer have been told.
But is Nissan Corp really expecting me to believe that
Aā€¦they have cars ready to go, but wonā€™t send them
Bā€¦other dealers are still sending theirs, but Nissan is happy to go to the back of the line and wait whilst they slip further down that line missing out on sales and
Cā€¦that said cars that have been made are being kept inside somewhere safe? Because if not and they are being stored in the field, they have a higher chance of having bugs, insects etc infiltrate their inventory and therefore have a bigger risk of the cars being sent back or having to spend $$ to fumigate (as outlined in the article)

It really doesnā€™t make sense.
What does makes senseā€¦they still havenā€™t made the cars yet and are using this as yet another excuse
but you ahve said yours is built and sitting there so that's not true.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I read an article about the Ariya being delayed at the same factory, mainly due to all sorts of headaches with the new smart facility. "insider" info said there's been nothing but trouble with the paint line, and trying to run EV's and ICE's, and different platforms all on the same line.

The stuff they don't want to tell us. Transparency would be nice. The article did state that they were still producing them, just not near as fast as they had hoped because of the slow downs

Reactions: Mud

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Z1 Intakes installed.
Honestly should have been a 30 min job, but took hours because of the stupid retaining clip Nissan use on their OEM inlet tubes (connecting to MAF housing)
Haven't dyno'd yet, but to my great disappointment I can't hear anything different... I love intake noise šŸ˜¢
That's a bummer! Any chance the filters themselves are quiet & you could swap them for something else?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Unfortunately no, but maybe Z1 could help out.
All good - I'll need to strip it down again anyway, getting a much lower boost reading after installing the driver's side (in AU - so the side with the vacuum line).
Might see if I can source a K&N typhoon or something just for a play.