Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Wow $3400usd? Definitely love the exhaust tho

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I have a HKS dual muffler exhaust on the way, hopefully will be here in 2-3 weeks. Very expensive but I love the sound and happy to spend money on quality parts. For the price it's a bit annoying the sound modes have to be adjusted manually but can't wait to get it installed.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Curious to see what the differences are between this and the fast intentions exhaust. The two sound very similar based on the video I uploaded.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My exhaust installation has been delayed. It turns out it was the Super Turbo version and not the Dual Muffler version that's arrived at their workshop. Apparently the Dual Muffler is in the country but no idea when it will clear customs etc ☹

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Post clips, curious to hear the exhaust note. Still debating on selling my FI catback for one.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've had the Dual muffler installed this morning. Very happy with it so far with limited driving. Just enough loudness and a nice tone with zero drone. The exhaust is engineered brilliantly and attention to detail spot on (as it should be for the price).

Laid out ready to go:

IMG20230502091459.jpg

The stock pipe next the HKS showing how tiny stock is.

IMG20230502092719.jpg

Installed with caps on:
IMG20230502094823.jpg

Quality is top notch. The tips can be adjusted to slide in or stick out. I prefer them to sit more flush:

IMG20230502100020.jpg

Stock exhaust (cold start):

With the caps on (sorry I missed the start up):

One cap on, one cap off:

Both caps off:

Another with both caps off at home. Here, I learnt the car has a 5000rpm soft limiter.

The guy at the workshop filmed a driveby as I was leaving. I'll post that up once they share it on their socials.

I think I'll be leaving the caps off for now. I wasn't after anything too obnoxious and this is the perfect amount of volume with a nice tone. Later on, if I get LDPs, the caps would probably need to go back on.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Sounds much better with the caps off Forsure. I’m sure it sounds even better in cabin driving. Nice color btw 👍🏼
That was the one I originally wanted

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds much better with the caps off Forsure. I’m sure it sounds even better in cabin driving. Nice color btw 👍🏼
That was the one I originally wanted
Definitely. I used to drive around in sport mode, even in traffic with clunky gear changes, just to hear some noise in the cabin. Now I can actually hear what's going on with the engine. I don't think the phone recording really does it complete justice either. It's a nice deep and refined tone. Worth the extra couple of $k over other systems though? Not sure!