First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
nearly 24 years of doing this and I only recognized maybe half of them.

Edit: Kept reading for the humor. Turns out it's way less than half.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Donalex

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Hummer - letting a customer leave with or without a car on an insanely stupid deal you can't do, so when they come back they've already fell in love with the car in their driveway, shown to friends, etc.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
When I bought my Z, I had called the salesperson's cell phone to arrange the deal. The salesperson said, "let me put you on hold for a second, I need to chat with somebody." Then, while I could still hear everything, the salesperson said, "Hey, I've got a ____ on the line. I'll stop by after this call," and then came back to talk to me, apparently not realizing I heard everything.

Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly what the word the salesperson used, but I don't think it matched anything in the link.

@Jughead what are some of the other words that are often used for customers?

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
When I bought my Z, I had called the salesperson's cell phone to arrange the deal. The salesperson said, "let me put you on hold for a second, I need to chat with somebody." Then, while I could still hear everything, the salesperson said, "Hey, I've got a ____ on the line. I'll stop by after this call," and then came back to talk to me, apparently not realizing I heard everything.

Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly what the word the salesperson used, but I don't think it matched anything in the link.

@Jughead what are some of the other words that are often used for customers?
Nearly all the time its "Ups" while on the lot, "phone up" on the phone, lead if it's the internet and just plain old customer/ client once we meet them and they're inside.
I have heard fish on the line, duck on the pond, the normal dumb ones from time to time, though. Usually from the older vets.