MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Japan also gets the blue interior that I assumed they already had. No mention of a persimmon for their market however.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Japan price increase was fairly mild . Not sure if that is a clue to the 2024 US pricing because there was already a price increase in March and honey because the currency exchange their Z is a good bit cheaper than ours if you compare the performance to the ST

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Full JDM pricing break down
Screenshot_20230712-033508~2.png

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe it is a color giving them the most issues with their new process and formulation........
seems you were right. A Japanese blog is stating orders of the red are delayed significantly well into 2024 calendar year or beyond

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
seems you were right. A Japanese blog is stating orders of the red are delayed significantly well into 2024 calendar year or beyond
Buddy of mine who's an engineer at Nissan was saying the new "smart" factory is having troubles specifically with painting these things. Apparently affects the ariya (spelling?) as well as those are made in the same factory. said that like a month or two ago, and it seems to have been correct.

TLDR; the smart factory is, in fact, not smart

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
And the orange is monotone?!? That’s exactly what I want.

Apparently production is only being increased for monotone colors

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I found evidence of a trim level code that replaces the outgoing proto for 2024. the proto was listed at PRS2 for 2023 and now there is a PRS3

1689021131206.png
I missed this part of the discussion, but I was so excited about the orange situation that I reread the last couple of pages.

Going along with this thinking, what I hope is that indeed they offer a “one off proto” spec trim. I could see the persimmon interior being part of that spec which is why it hasn’t shown up yet either. Instead of the full interior, I’d want it to be persimmon accents similar to the yellow accents on the proto spec.

The production version of the one off parts at the auto show release this year had a carbon fiber spoiler. I can’t imagine Nissan offering that on this trim when they aren’t putting a carbon spoiler on the Nismo trim. So I think this will use the same spoiler as the performance.

Lastly, we had that one car testing that looked different than the other Nismo mules. It was thought to maybe be an earlier idea for the Nismo front but maybe it was really testing this new trim at the same time as testing Nismo trims.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I missed this part of the discussion, but I was so excited about the orange situation that I reread the last couple of pages.

Going along with this thinking, what I hope is that indeed they offer a “one off proto” spec trim. I could see the persimmon interior being part of that spec which is why it hasn’t shown up yet either. Instead of the full interior, I’d want it to be persimmon accents similar to the yellow accents on the proto spec.

The production version of the one off parts at the auto show release this year had a carbon fiber spoiler. I can’t imagine Nissan offering that on this trim when they aren’t putting a carbon spoiler on the Nismo trim. So I think this will use the same spoiler as the performance.

Lastly, we had that one car testing that looked different than the other Nismo mules. It was thought to maybe be an earlier idea for the Nismo front but maybe it was really testing this new trim at the same time as testing Nismo trims.

so all the japanese info I got really doesnt confirm or deny any of this as they get the orange on all specs and their fairlday customized car is a part package only.

the only semi evidence I have to support it is there was a internal model update as of June and its listed as PRSI3 the proto was known as PRSI2 . the PRSI3 also says "interior decoration" so you could infer this is a trim level that is replacing the Proto sitting above the performance as a special model. that with that fact the actual parts are being made. so all the speculation is just based on putting those together.

the new sight orange color code shows up on the regular performance spoiler so that makes me think the orange is available on all non NISMO trims.

I also got to thinking about dealers not being able to order orange yet. the more I think about it thats not a big deal as its not like these are customer direct orders that are missing out on the orange. its just dealer inventory and they could turn on the availability at any time

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I’m sold either way: performance with a black interior or a higher trim with the wheels and fascia I love.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Do we know to a certainty that the new orange will be a solid color without the black roof in all markets? Wouldn't especially matter to me, in either case, but it's just a curiosity.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
full disclaimer this is pure speculation based on some very interesting bit of info I just stumbled across. I found evidence of a trim level code that replaces the outgoing proto for 2024. the proto was listed at PRS2 for 2023 and now there is a PRS3 that has been listed as of June. Is this a replacement for the Proto and a trim offered above the performance?

1689021131206.png

here goes.... what if the reason the orange isnt available for current 2024 allocations is ....its only available on this new specific trim and that trim is a production verison of the 432 inspired custom Fairlady)

again this is just speculation but it would explain why the orange is indeed real but dealers cant order it yet. also its 100% fact the customized parts will be sold in Japan this October so they are being produced.

with that said the main reason why I dont totally think this is true is the color for the new orange that popped up listed within nissan parts was for a current part ( spoiler) of the Z which wouldnt be on that new trim.

we are either getting a new color or a new trim of both.

the color code I believe might be "ECD" and its a modern interpretation of Orange 918 some of you old school Z people might know
That goes with what I was hearing, all in on nostalgia and several "heritage" one year only colors/editions

Yellow, Orange, Green are the colors I'm aware of.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do we know to a certainty that the new orange will be a solid color without the black roof in all markets? Wouldn't especially matter to me, in either case, but it's just a curiosity.

I'm assuming monotone everywhere even though it is kind of odd they featured the orange with the black roof on the concept

That goes with what I was hearing, all in on nostalgia and several "heritage" one year only colors/editions

Yellow, Orange, Green are the colors I'm aware of.
Yeah I'm pretty confident the US name will be "New Sight Orange" which is a throw back name. since 2020 they have brought back 3 classic color names on the R35 but with different formulas. so doing it for the Z makes sense and leans into that nostalgia

it's confirmed to be "432 orange" in Japan. It seems yellow is sticking around as it was in the JDM price list

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red has been made unavailable to order by dealer sfor the US at least for the next month

So red will be even harder to find than it was before this fall

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
I wish it was August so we can get the official announcement. I want to know what I’m trying to buy. I hate wait. Lol