Finding a dealer who decides MSRP+T+T+T is Enough!

RMACK

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2017 Nissan Altima
Occupation
Retired
How many of you have found the car you want, but they wont sell it to you without "Premium Market Correction" cost AND DEALER Installed Accessories.
I was looking at a Z, Type S Integra and a Honda Type R Civic.
My Price range was $55K, I search for 3 months in the Chicago Milwaukee area.
Missed a Blue Sport Z for $62K by 2 Hrs 3 weeks ago hadn't seen another close. Went to and offered 8 dealers who Had Type S MSRP and they laughed. All from
$4K to $18K above MSRP but one, but they had a 8 person deposited wait list , took what you got or next person.
To be continued, meeting to go to.

20231002_181917.jpg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
yep it took me 20 dealers to find my 2023 Z at MSRP this past spring with quotes as high as 20K over. It was super frustrating and damn near ruined the whole experience.

Ive got a NISMO ordered out of state at MSRP but there is the exact car coming to a dealer less than 3 hours away. I call them and they are 10K over wont work with me at all. they call me the next day 8K over and end the conversation by asking my how much was I willing to pay over. I told them $0. never heard back from them.

bruce_c

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z 2015 wrx 1967 gto 1928 pontiac
Of the 5 dealers that had a car, last dealer sold it to me at msrp, no games. About 90 minutes away. That dealer had 2, sold both at MSRP.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Of the 5 dealers that had a car, last dealer sold it to me at msrp, no games. About 90 minutes away. That dealer had 2, sold both at MSRP.
Are you talking about the new Z? Any pics, specs? Seems too good to be true at these times.

I'm working with a local dealer and personnel (service, sales) who knows me well, been doing services with them for years. Let's see if they're willing to work a sale at MSRP, maybe $2K max for me. They will keep a loyal customer.

OP
OP
RMACK

RMACK

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2017 Nissan Altima
Occupation
Retired
Sorry
Drove buy Metro Auto Mall in Milwaukee on my way to drop off my deposit on the Type S.
3rd dealer I saw a low silhouette in showroom, backed up drove in. ( I had beed looking for a Z for 3 months up here, this one hadn't been on Auto trader or other list. When I looked at the car for 15 minutes this past Saturday, last day of month, last day of quarter..
Finaly a nice lady came over, said it was her first day on the job and everybody is busy. I told her i WANTED TO BUY THAT CAR (THE ONE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH) for, I pointed to the MSRP which was $53,500. She laugh a little, their was a "Dealer Sticker" in the front with a $10,000 Premium and $5,600 of dealer accessories!
5 minutes she came back with a young gentleman sales manager, shook, ask if I was serious, I handed him my pre approval letter from my bank, he said give me a minute please, came back in 5 and said"would you at least keep the locking lug nuts", said no, your charging $334 for them, please take them off if you want to sell the car right now, he stuck out his hand and said deal, $55+K out the door, I am blessed and happy, look forward to the board.
RTM

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Sorry
Drove buy Metro Auto Mall in Milwaukee on my way to drop off my deposit on the Type S.
3rd dealer I saw a low silhouette in showroom, backed up drove in. ( I had beed looking for a Z for 3 months up here, this one hadn't been on Auto trader or other list. When I looked at the car for 15 minutes this past Saturday, last day of month, last day of quarter..
Finaly a nice lady came over, said it was her first day on the job and everybody is busy. I told her i WANTED TO BUY THAT CAR (THE ONE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH) for, I pointed to the MSRP which was $53,500. She laugh a little, their was a "Dealer Sticker" in the front with a $10,000 Premium and $5,600 of dealer accessories!
5 minutes she came back with a young gentleman sales manager, shook, ask if I was serious, I handed him my pre approval letter from my bank, he said give me a minute please, came back in 5 and said"would you at least keep the locking lug nuts", said no, your charging $334 for them, please take them off if you want to sell the car right now, he stuck out his hand and said deal, $55+K out the door, I am blessed and happy, look forward to the board.
RTM
Damn man, donā€™t think ive ever heard a story of a dealer backing down completely from ADM like that in this market, you must be a magician! šŸ˜‚

Congrats!

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Sorry
RTM
@RMACK, I'll call you up and have you negotiate my next car purchase. šŸ¤£

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Damn man, donā€™t think ive ever heard a story of a dealer backing down completely from ADM like that in this market, you must be a magician! šŸ˜‚

Congrats!
It's possible, just have to be lucky / persistent. My dealer wanted 20k over and after calling like 6 different times I eventually got them to sell it for 2k over. The catch was I needed to do the deal the next day as they claimed they wanted it out before the end of the month.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Congrats OP! Glad you were able to get your car! Enjoy it

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
I sold all 3 I had at MSRP (well, 2...I bought mine a little less...shhhh). I posted a NISMO yesterday on FB and it sold in a few minutes. I should have another one, hopefully, in the next 30 days or so. If I do, it'll be at MSRP. Trying to make a deal with my region that if I sell them before it arrives, I get more. I am a smaller dealer, but want to sell the most Z's in the southeast. Large objective, but I'm gonna try. And I ain't gonna do that over sticker.

Campi422

First Name
Campi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performs ce
yep it took me 20 dealers to find my 2023 Z at MSRP this past spring with quotes as high as 20K over. It was super frustrating and damn near ruined the whole experience.

Ive got a NISMO ordered out of state at MSRP but there is the exact car coming to a dealer less than 3 hours away. I call them and they are 10K over wont work with me at all. they call me the next day 8K over and end the conversation by asking my how much was I willing to pay over. I told them $0. never heard back from them.
How many of you have found the car you want, but they wont sell it to you without "Premium Market Correction" cost AND DEALER Installed Accessories.
I was looking at a Z, Type S Integra and a Honda Type R Civic.
My Price range was $55K, I search for 3 months in the Chicago Milwaukee area.
Missed a Blue Sport Z for $62K by 2 Hrs 3 weeks ago hadn't seen another close. Went to and offered 8 dealers who Had Type S MSRP and they laughed. All from
$4K to $18K above MSRP but one, but they had a 8 person deposited wait list , took what you got or next person.
To be continued, meeting to go to.

20231002_181917.jpg
I was a car salesman many years ago. Sold Datsuns and even bought a ā€˜77 280Z at $7500 in the old says. I have bought or leased many many cars in the 40+ years since then.

Sorry for rambling I leased a 2023 Z in March using MSRP. And there are dealers out there that will sell/lease at MSRP. One thing thatā€™s in your favor is that winder is coming soon.

I found as a that people donā€™t buy sports cars in the winter. Which means that there will be less buyers and therefore the prices should come down.
Try to get the Z at the end of the month. The dealer will be prone to sell the car to make his numbers and possibly a bonus from Nissan.