Does anyone have a Z yet?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I sold a house at the time of peak (stated) value - am I the enemy of buyers everywhere?

You can't knock Capitalism and participate in it at the same time.

Concentrate on your own life instead of "guiding" others.

And, no buying until dealers change their ways? Good luck with that...

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 BMW M240i, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
200CF3B4-B46C-4BA8-832A-E3F39A477B0D.jpeg

First Bath :)
As for mods - I’m sticking mostly stock for a while, but have toyed with the idea of a VERY modest drop, some spacers to bring the wheels out flush…and maybe…just maybe powder coating the wheels satin bronze..

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
Yep, let's not make 'MSRP', 'pricing', 'mark-ups' be the main discussion here. And people, don't ask 'How much did you get it for??' Not relevant in these times.

Concentrate on the new ownership and enjoyment of it, huh?! Buyers DO share what your trip, upgrades, other, plans are?
X2 not to mention there is already a thread for those two topics

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/t...d-2-yellow-proto-manual-and-auto-are-in.1335/

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-pay-for-your-nissan-z.1553/

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
Almost none of us are demanding an "apology" or criticizing someone's financial decision. I certainly did not (I think you are referring to me, I'm the most vocal about markups).
If you look at everything I said, I never said someone made a bad decision with their money.

I'm basically saying "please stop stinking the place up with these $5/10K over markups seem fair, or a good deal".

I feel like there should be a forum rule, no over-MSRP talk in the open. Take it to PM. Let's do something, come on....we banned discussions about vaccines and facemasks on here, because some felt it could hurt other people or provide a place for the wrong message to be amplified.
IMO having a forum where some members are enthusiastic about "only $5K over" is providing a place to amplify a wrong message too....

That in no way is a statement against those who pay over MSRP (although I have seen that sentiment occasionally, but not from me)

If the dealerships are watching enthusiast forums, do we really want to amplify the "over MSRP is OK" faction?
I know that once a Z sits on a lot too long, the dealerships will eventually come down, but prior to that they will feel entitled to hassling you over price, especially if they are using a forum as their basis.

What's wrong with the sentiment of doing everything we can to cool the dealerships down? These cars should be transacting for under MSRP....
How about something far simpler. If you're offended by what a dealer charges, or by what someone pays for their car, DON'T read the posts. I'm not willing to pay over MSRP so I'll wait until the supply of cars is greater - pretty simple, huh? The market determines what a dealer charges and what a car sells for, not a small car forum.

I did get a good smile (ok, I laughed) at your stretch of trying to compare a hot button personal medical/political decision (vaccine) with the car market.

Nobody likes what's happened with the car market since covid started (shortage of cars and the resulting increase in prices), but the market determines pricing, not us. I'd rather know what people are paying so I can get a sense of what's happening and I'm sorry if you find reality offensive. Congrats to all people that have purchased cars and please keep the data coming.

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Mercedes E350 bluetec. 2023 Nissan Z
How about something far simpler. If you're offended by what a dealer charges, or by what someone pays for their car, DON'T read the posts. I'm not willing to pay over MSRP so I'll wait until the supply of cars is greater - pretty simple, huh? The market determines what a dealer charges and what a car sells for, not a small car forum.

I did get a good smile (ok, I laughed) at your stretch of trying to compare a hot button personal medical/political decision (vaccine) with the car market.

Nobody likes what's happened with the car market since covid started (shortage of cars and the resulting increase in prices), but the market determines pricing, not us. I'd rather know what people are paying so I can get a sense of what's happening and I'm sorry if you find reality offensive. Congrats to all people that have purchased cars and please keep the data coming.
Thank you brother, excellent message! A very happy owner of a brand new 2023 Nissan Z Performance with 6 speed in boulder gray/blue interior, still only 8 miles on the odometer! Haha

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I was unable to find anyone who would sell at MSRP for ANY model (sport, performance or Proto). I was quoted 10K even 15K over sticker repeatedly until I secured the deal I got. I can assure you I'm no "dealer" or employee. Did I get the best "value for my money" probably not....but I dont care. I could just as easily flip it and turn a profit, but I don't care about that either. Id much rather enjoy owning one and driving it.

Dont bash anyone who purchased over MSRP. There are people that spend 7-15K on a SUMMER VACATION or family getaway!!! To some of us, its not about waving money around, or that money doesn't matter, or anything like that - its that we determined the extra price was worth it to enjoy the car now. Im hopeful for everyone that has waited so long that the car comes down in price. I hope you are able to secure one at MSRP or UNDER for that matter. And when that happens.....I wont be upset that you got a better deal than me. I will be happy! Happy I have been able to enjoy the car during that time AND happy that you are getting to enjoy yours now. There are simply not enough of these things to go around at this time.
Generally speaking, I don't care for situations where big spenders pay extra to jump in front of everyone else. Regardless if by paying extra on a vehicle, buying a line cutting pass at an amusement park, or whatever. I'd say that is more of a social commentary on my part, I don't care for that aspect of some societies. Of course, that's just my view, this is the internet, and it doesn't mean other's can't engage in or promote that behavior.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
200CF3B4-B46C-4BA8-832A-E3F39A477B0D.jpeg

First Bath :)
As for mods - I’m sticking mostly stock for a while, but have toyed with the idea of a VERY modest drop, some spacers to bring the wheels out flush…and maybe…just maybe powder coating the wheels satin bronze..
u mean a 4 foot lift, that carolina squat style 🤣

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
entrepreneur
Oh, gee, really? Thanks for your compassion....
It doesn’t have anything to do with compassion. Reality doesn’t disappear simply because you want to close your eyes and pretend it doesn’t exist.

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
entrepreneur
Thank you brother, excellent message! A very happy owner of a brand new 2023 Nissan Z Performance with 6 speed in boulder gray/blue interior, still only 8 miles on the odometer! Haha
Beautiful color and I really like the blue and red interiors. I still haven't seen a Z in person and pictures never really show what a car looks like. I watched the C8 release online and initially hated it. My opinion completely flipped when I saw one in person. Enjoy your car!

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
entrepreneur
When are you going to stop with the personal attacks?

I've already let this shit go
Wow, you really like to twist a narrative don't you?!! If you consider a different opinion as a personal attack, or you struggle that much with people disagreeing with you, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Being on the internet must be an anxiety filled event.

Lets close our dialogue with this and we'll agree to disagree; what another person believes is a fair price to pay for a car is neither within your control, nor is it your decision on how someone else spends their money. Nobody likes what's taken place in the car market over the past 2+ years (unless you're a seller) but it's the reality so the rest of us accept it and pull the trigger to buy, or we wait and hope the pendulum will eventually swing back the other way. I'm going to wait. In the meantime, I'll learn about the car from other members. Asking the moderators to form a new policy because YOU don't like what other people are paying for their cars isn't going to magically make reality disappear. Again, if what people are paying for their cars upsets you that much, it's probably a good idea for you to avoid posts on that topic. Nobody here wants to see you break out in hives over that stressful information.

I'm done responding and again, I apologize for hurting your feelings. I'm sure we'll all try to be more sensitive with you in the future. I genuinely and sincerely wish you a good day.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I got my Z in November, I live in Indiana and got mine from Georgia. Had a dealership from Chicago call me the other day and they said they still have not received a Z.
So there are 2 Z owners in Indiana now:)

Last edited: