Does anyone have a Z yet?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
What are folks seeing on insurance cost on the Z. I’m awaiting arrival of a performance I bought and checking insurance. My safeco rep gave me $3,500 with $750 deductible. Seems really high as I have two jeeps and Saturn sky redline and those three together are $1000 less than the Z. Z is new but jeeps were each $45,000 when new. Grand Cherokee and wrangler rubicon 2015 and 2014 respectively. Checking Grundy to see what they quote.

The quote listed it performance/proto so I have agent checking to see if that proto is just lumped into model or if she grabbed the wrong model. Ie...proto added when it’s not a proto.
It is so Subjective. Companies use so many rating factors that it is impossible to compare even when you are insuring the exact same Car. Companies use credit scoring, prior carrier coverage limits, time with prior carrier and many other obvious factors. I happened to insure my Z proto with Hagerty Insurance at a stated value coverage amount instead of using my regular daily driver Allstate Policy. Rates were substantially lower but there are limitations to mileage and use. In the end this worked best for me but might not for the next person. Good Luck!