Sponsored

Does anyone have a Z yet?

Dave K

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
15
Reaction score
36
Location
Michigan
Car(s)
2018 Nismo 370Z, 2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2
Nice to see more new Zs finally appearing around the USA. Although maybe I'm not worthy, because hands down I've got the most crummy looking garage of anyone on this site, lol.
Mine is looking pretty bad after a winter of snow and salt
 

Thisguy298

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
79
Reaction score
123
Location
Alabama
Car(s)
'23 GTI
What are folks seeing on insurance cost on the Z. I’m awaiting arrival of a performance I bought and checking insurance. My safeco rep gave me $3,500 with $750 deductible. Seems really high as I have two jeeps and Saturn sky redline and those three together are $1000 less than the Z. Z is new but jeeps were each $45,000 when new. Grand Cherokee and wrangler rubicon 2015 and 2014 respectively. Checking Grundy to see what they quote.

The quote listed it performance/proto so I have agent checking to see if that proto is just lumped into model or if she grabbed the wrong model. Ie...proto added when it’s not a proto.
state farm quoted me (24y/o) $150/month for full coverage on a Z. IDK who you're with, but they are clearly trying to shaft ya
 

JohnNYC

Active Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jan 27, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
41
Reaction score
116
Location
Brooklyn, NY
Car(s)
2026 Mercedes E53 AMG Wagon; 2023 Nissan Z
state farm quoted me (24y/o) $150/month for full coverage on a Z. IDK who you're with, but they are clearly trying to shaft ya
Insurance is so subjective and difficult to draw conclusions as it’s so specific to where you live, demographics, driving history, claim history, I could be wrong but I think they even look at your credit score when determining your insurance rate… I wasn’t surprised by my premium on my new Nissan Z. It’s under $100/month with $500 deductible and full coverage including roadside assistance and loaner vehicle.
 

jdm-rhd

Well-Known Member
First Name
rob
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Threads
80
Messages
3,242
Reaction score
6,804
Location
orbiting caprica
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
so this port hauling program would be a great way to test ev trucks. unlike other freight or food, cars don't have to be delivered in a timely manner. ?

i predict these trucks will be running out of steam or catching fire on a regular basis ?
 
Last edited:

71zman

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
12
Messages
292
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Indiana
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
What are folks seeing on insurance cost on the Z. I’m awaiting arrival of a performance I bought and checking insurance. My safeco rep gave me $3,500 with $750 deductible. Seems really high as I have two jeeps and Saturn sky redline and those three together are $1000 less than the Z. Z is new but jeeps were each $45,000 when new. Grand Cherokee and wrangler rubicon 2015 and 2014 respectively. Checking Grundy to see what they quote.

The quote listed it performance/proto so I have agent checking to see if that proto is just lumped into model or if she grabbed the wrong model. Ie...proto added when it’s not a proto.
It is so Subjective. Companies use so many rating factors that it is impossible to compare even when you are insuring the exact same Car. Companies use credit scoring, prior carrier coverage limits, time with prior carrier and many other obvious factors. I happened to insure my Z proto with Hagerty Insurance at a stated value coverage amount instead of using my regular daily driver Allstate Policy. Rates were substantially lower but there are limitations to mileage and use. In the end this worked best for me but might not for the next person. Good Luck!
 

speedjuno

Well-Known Member
First Name
Speed
Joined
Jul 2, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
109
Reaction score
144
Location
Louisiana
Car(s)
Kubota L3301
Occupation
None
Finally got mine! Black Performance, red/black interior, Auto. Will be wife’s DD.
Insurance is pricey, but comes w the territory.
 

5amp5on

Well-Known Member
First Name
EJ
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
527
Reaction score
1,026
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Pathfinder Platinum, 2024 Z Performance, 2023 Sentra SV
Occupation
Finance
Finally got mine! Black Performance, red/black interior, Auto. Will be wife’s DD.
Insurance is pricey, but comes w the territory.
Congrats! I was surprised that our Z performance is the least expensive insurance premium of all our cars, we must have hit some discount threshold or something. All with the same coverages.
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
101
Messages
2,824
Reaction score
5,424
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Congrats! I was surprised that our Z performance is the least expensive insurance premium of all our cars, we must have hit some discount threshold or something. All with the same coverages.
Least expensive compared to your Sentra and Escape? It's got to be the miles driven annually, aka pleasure car coverage. Right??
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
101
Messages
2,824
Reaction score
5,424
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Plenty of dealers now pricing Performance models just under $50K, lots of inventory out there, Nismos too!
 

5amp5on

Well-Known Member
First Name
EJ
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
527
Reaction score
1,026
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Pathfinder Platinum, 2024 Z Performance, 2023 Sentra SV
Occupation
Finance
Least expensive compared to your Sentra and Escape? It's got to be the miles driven annually, aka pleasure car coverage. Right??
Yes, it's cheaper than the Sentra by about $40 every 6 months and $10 than the Escape. Weird I know. And I have 20 year old and 16 year old drivers on the policy rated on all vehicles.
 
 






Top