First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Please post the dealers info here. I understand that he probably doesn’t have another car to sell (and I wouldn’t buy anyway because I’m in Australia) BUT I really think it’s important for you guys to celebrate those dealers doing the right thing, and totally bag anyone charging above MSRP.
If enough people do this, the dealerships doing the right thing will have a list of people, Nissan will have no option but to supply to those dealers with buyers…and those not doing the right thing will slowly learn to do so, or lose allocations to sell altogether .

This would not be against your laws, as Nissan would have the right to supply the cars to those dealers that have buyers lining up. Only if you all act together will things change

EDIT, in fact I think that one of the admin guys should start two pages…one labeled “trusted dealers selling for MSRP” and one labeled “shithead dealers trying to rip you off”
Include those dealers willing to ship to Aus free, but you’d have to scoot over and drive from the left seat👌

davebnissan

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370z
Occupation
registered nurse
I ended up finding a Rosewood Manual and bought it. Should arrive around mid march. Saw a Rosewood auto in Denver last Saturday and that confirmed my color choice. Didn't want the auto or the $10,000 markup. Next day Sunday Nissan site had two Rosewoods and the other was a Manual that i bought for MSRP. Both dealers were really good. The Auto one sales guy kept in touch for over a year since I was on the wait list. Ironically he indicated a month ago that 12 people wanted the auto coming in so they were going to do a raffle of those people and the winner was going to be lucky enough to pay $10k over msrp. On Saturday I asked if they were still going to Raffle and he said "I was the only one left on the list". I visited Woodmen in Colorado Springs also last saturday morning to look at their yellow performance manual. Still at $75,000. Salesmen said got a dozen people lined up....At MSRP but no takers at $75,000. Sad part was they had signs all over it to Do not touch. Family went in the doors before my wife and i and three kids ran to the z to check it out. One about 10 with a winter coat on leaned on the front fender and proceeded to slide all the way to the headlight with his jacket with a zipper. Didn't have the heart to see if scratch!

Another interesting this. Colorado springs yellow build date 4/22, Rosewood Denver 10/22. One I bought 12/22/22. Co Springs had the highest price and oldest build date. Wheres that car been for 10 months!
How do you like the Rosewood? That’s what I ended up with. Would not have been my first color choice buts that what was available. Wow, you got for MRSP I paid $4500 over, first said I would not pay over but had my names on lists at about 20 , dealerships, Chicago, Indy, forte Wayne , Kalamazoo and had not head a thing from anyone yet . The other day a Chicago dealer called just to touch base but they still have not gotten one in , locally we have 2 dealerships, when I went by there all the salesmen came out to look at it , They have not seen one yet. One dealer thinks it will be summer 2023 before they see one.

Jtut22

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
400Z
Occupation
Drilling and Blasting
Bought a white one yesterday from SC, they wanted 15 over, then later I called back and 20 over was quoted. I waited a few days and over 10 over and they took it. I will probably have delivered next week once overnighted check clears recieved today! I haven’t seen one in person so I hope it lives up to the hype!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Man, y'all keep saying how over MSRP is acceptable. My local dealer would sell me a Performance (on the lot) for MSRP. Of course, I have decided $53K is way too much for what we get, I'm definitely getting a Sport now....

Not trying to knock on all y'all who spend money the way they see fit, but this chorus of "$10K over is a pretty good deal" is starting to sound like maybe some dealerships have signed up and are masquerading as actual buyers?

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
Man, y'all keep saying how over MSRP is acceptable. My local dealer would sell me a Performance (on the lot) for MSRP. Of course, I have decided $53K is way too much for what we get, I'm definitely getting a Sport now....

Not trying to knock on all y'all who spend money the way they see fit, but this chorus of "$10K over is a pretty good deal" is starting to sound like maybe some dealerships have signed up and are masquerading as actual buyers?
Only a fool would pay over MSRP for a new car and would keep that stupidity to myself not announce that to the public.

Jtut22

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
400Z
Occupation
Drilling and Blasting

Send me your dealers name and number I will by the one on the lot tomorrow at MSRP! I have plenty of room for it! The one I bought is the same color and interior I had in the 1990 model 300 and only white one for sale. I got what I wanted to order but my friend who owns a dealership said most dealers are getting 1 possibly 2 a year and his isn’t coming until December. I’m not waiting a year of my life for something I want!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
finally got a message from my dealer. they are getting a Z this week.

i was at my job when i saw a vm from an unknown number. they were closed by the time i got off work.

will be calling first thing tomorrow...
sadly this ended up being a false alarm. seems the new sales lady that left a message with me was mistaken.

after a bunch of calls then speaking with a manager, they concluded the Z(s) are going to arrive in late march or april.

this has been an almost 2 year crazy rollercoaster ride...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Send me your dealers name and number I will by the one on the lot tomorrow at MSRP! I have plenty of room for it! The one I bought is the same color and interior I had in the 1990 model 300 and only white one for sale. I got what I wanted to order but my friend who owns a dealership said most dealers are getting 1 possibly 2 a year and his isn’t coming until December. I’m not waiting a year of my life for something I want!
Now I'm starting to not believe the whole "only one Z per dealership per year" some dealers are telling people.

In my region, we had a few Proto and one or two Performance models show up in the new year. All 9AT.
Now, according to the Nissan USA site, there's 5 more 9AT coming our way in the first week of March. You also need to remember that there's a backup of 6MT models being held somewhere on a QC hold, and those will show up soon. It's looking like every Nissan dealership in my area will have or had 1 Z by March, and one of the dealership is poised to have 2 Z's so far, all 9AT.

I totally get why some people would be ok with spending some extra cash because they've waited so damn long.
But, I also wish y'all would stop chirping about how "10k over seems reasonable" because let's be real here:
-some fucked up shit ruined the new car industry, and me paying a markup is me paying a sociopolitical tax because some bullshit that shouldn't have happened, did happen.....

-on top of all that, I get the honor of paying tax on that too... So a $10k markup actually costs me $11.1k

I think we need a new forum rule, no public postings of over MSRP. People should take that to PMs. Just in case some of y'all might be dealers. It is plausible that there's a concerted effort to sway people's willingness to accept markups, and I think it'd be a reasonable forum rule just in case.....
Speaking of which, I have noticed a few new Z owners have shared that they are some kind of dealership employee.

JohnNYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Mercedes E350 bluetec. 2023 Nissan Z
I found a 2023 Nissan Z Performance 6 speed in boulder gray/blue suede/leather in NJ and picked her up on Tuesday! Great experience with Chris@Sansone Jr's 66 Nissan in Neptune NJ. I had her flatbed transported to my car spa in Brooklyn to apply transparent paint protection wrap (Xpel product) which should be finished up end of next week. As it's winter weather in the northeast I'll probably just garage her until early spring and then enjoy my new Z until the fall. I haven't even driven her yet, so psyched to take her for a drive!

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

69628757088__C5AAC6FE-9744-49D8-933F-21EA6459AB1D.jpeg

69628819801__7E74EB4D-8811-4E3C-91EA-7909E0CF8633.jpeg
The new Z is well into the PPF install, product by Xpel. Can't wait for the car spa to finish the job so I can finally start enjoying my new Z. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I bought it and still haven't driven the new Z yet.

mtjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 BMW M240i, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia

I was unable to find anyone who would sell at MSRP for ANY model (sport, performance or Proto). I was quoted 10K even 15K over sticker repeatedly until I secured the deal I got. I can assure you I'm no "dealer" or employee. Did I get the best "value for my money" probably not....but I dont care. I could just as easily flip it and turn a profit, but I don't care about that either. Id much rather enjoy owning one and driving it.

Dont bash anyone who purchased over MSRP. There are people that spend 7-15K on a SUMMER VACATION or family getaway!!! To some of us, its not about waving money around, or that money doesn't matter, or anything like that - its that we determined the extra price was worth it to enjoy the car now. Im hopeful for everyone that has waited so long that the car comes down in price. I hope you are able to secure one at MSRP or UNDER for that matter. And when that happens.....I wont be upset that you got a better deal than me. I will be happy! Happy I have been able to enjoy the car during that time AND happy that you are getting to enjoy yours now. There are simply not enough of these things to go around at this time.