First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
But if they belong to the same corporate group….are they competitors?
I think that's how they would get around it
Sneaky, deceptive…definitely not open and transparent
especially if a company owns say 20 locations. each one has a different name for example...named after the town it is in. it makes it look like they are independent dealers.

Last edited:

Z06fan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevrolet SS Sedan, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
entrepreneur
If OEM's try to force the issue with the dealers, then you see them rolling it down the street to a different brand/affiliated dealer as "USED" (with 6 miles on the ODO) for "live market pricing" market adjustment of a similar pie in the sky B.S. price...EFF these guys I don't need a new vehicle, will keep my truck and keep on rollin'.
I'm sure we'll start to see them pop-up on BAT. I've noticed a number of dealers are listing 2023 Vette's and instead of selling them directly to a customer, they're having people bid to get the highest price. No wonder everyone hates dealers.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
They work together, we work together.

Two weeks ago they tired to sell me, and I assume everyone else that expressed interest, a 85k proto. This week they dropped it to 75k. We are getting closer, hold the line and don't bite.
So In your opinion what is the most a buyer should pay for in ADM for a Proto?? The reason I am asking is that I have a Purchase/Deposit agreement for a 23 Proto 6spd manual with 10k over ADM. I have never paid over MSRP in my life ....even my 22 C8 Corvette I paid MSRP. So where is the line and when do I just say F___ it and forget the car. I understand everyone has a different set of Financial Factors. Problem is I love the Z. I have a 71 240 and 1990 300z and really want the New Z Proto to Complete the Stable.

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
So In your opinion what is the most a buyer should pay for in ADM for a Proto?? The reason I am asking is that I have a Purchase/Deposit agreement for a 23 Proto 6spd manual with 10k over ADM.

I cannot tell you what its worth to you but for me the number that iI will pull the trigger on is +5k.

Also to me the proto is not a different trim level, it is the performance package with limited edition yellow interior accents. Nissan already marked up the MSRP 3k for those seats it does not need to be further marked up.

10k is high but it is somewhat reasonable and would at least have me thinking. When my dealership started with 30k I easily laughed that off. I knew if they offered +30k to others they would not get any nibbles but at 10k someone might bite. Although 10k is still high for the car you need to make the call if the proto interior exclusivity is worth it to you.

My opinion is you could definitely get that price down but run the risk of not getting that color combo. So I am holding off a bit longer but if you are dead set on proto spec you might want to pay the 10k.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
With all these negative reviews coming as of late, who in the right mind would spend 100k USD on this car. I understand if you have the money it’s nothing. But that’s just dumb

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
With all these negative reviews coming as of late, who in the right mind would spend 100k USD on this car. I understand if you have the money it’s nothing. But that’s just dumb
It's because the market is hot for cars, especially limited edition models. It's all about investment and returns and dealers know this so they'll charge even more then what what a investor can flip it for. 65k? Sure. You can flip it after a year for 65, but 95k? No. And that's why dealers are marking it up to take all the profit upfront

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
So In your opinion what is the most a buyer should pay for in ADM for a Proto?? The reason I am asking is that I have a Purchase/Deposit agreement for a 23 Proto 6spd manual with 10k over ADM. I have never paid over MSRP in my life ....even my 22 C8 Corvette I paid MSRP. So where is the line and when do I just say F___ it and forget the car. I understand everyone has a different set of Financial Factors. Problem is I love the Z. I have a 71 240 and 1990 300z and really want the New Z Proto to Complete the Stable.
I'm a non-materialist, who's never spent more than 20k on a vehicle, and generally does not like buying/owning things. Also I don't participate or spend on aggravating situations (which is kind of where this Z situation with limited supply and ADMs is headed). So from my chair, I'm still not convinced even MSRP will provide me enough enjoyment/usage for the Z.

But anyway, to me the Proto does not seem to provide much extra in terms of functionality or even appearance for the extra money. So I'd say spending 10k ADM, would only be worth it if you are a person who gets a lot of enjoyment from exclusivity (owning something that others are not able to own). Or if you are enough of a Z fan and get enough enjoyment from owning/driving a Z earlier rather than later (because time has value).

Last edited:

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
People just need to don’t buy these things. I recall a year later there were still some LE J29s with markups sitting on stealership’s lots.
i think the highest markup on a LE was like $200k 😆

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I'm a non-materialist, who's never spent more than 20k on a vehicle, and generally does not like buying/owning things. Also I don't patriciate or spend on aggravating situations (which is kind of where this Z situation with limited supply and ADMs is headed). So from my chair, I'm still not convinced even MSRP will provide me enough enjoyment/usage for the Z.

But anyway, to me the Proto does not seem to provide much extra in terms of functionality or even appearance for the extra money. So I'd say spending 10k ADM, would only be worth it if you are a person who gets a lot of enjoyment from exclusivity (owning something that others are not able to own). Or if you are enough of a Z fan and get enough enjoyment from owning/driving a Z earlier rather than later (because time has value).
Well said…I feel
Like the latter..but also feels BAD to get the bend over from a dealership
Like this . What to do!