Dealership Collusion???

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
This is very intentional.

No one will buy it.

So, why? Because the dealership absolutely doesn't mind letting it sit in a showroom for a year or more (my local dealer did that with a GT-R).
And when people balk at $5k ADM for Z Sport, $10k ADM for Z Performance, the salesman will point to that ADM and say "hey, we're giving you a smoking deal!!"

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Ha! No mention of the maintenance, service, paint, fabric, washes, nitrogen, graphics, windshield, et all mandatory add-ons.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Who here are patient in waiting until next summer or fall when economy slows and Z inventory ramps up?

So many shark dealers we've been seeing lately! But hey if I see a Performance MT in one of the two colors I want locally soon and can work out a deal AT MSRP, I'll take it. Slim chance.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Why do you think inventory/production will ramp up?

Even as cynical as I am, I've been quite surprised by how far production has fallen for everyone recently, I would have thought it wasn't going to get worse, but it has.

And there's way more to it than "chips".

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Why do you think inventory/production will ramp up?

Even as cynical as I am, I've been quite surprised by how far production has fallen for everyone recently, I would have thought it wasn't going to get worse, but it has.

And there's way more to it than "chips".
Have some hope, man. I really want Nissan to redeem itself with some volume by mid next year, we've all been waiting painfully! 🤜

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
How many of us need to band together and buy in bulk to get manufacturer prices and cut the dealership out?
Im gonna wait until they start selling the Z at costco and get it for 20% below msrp...

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Should certainly be against the law, and every dealership in America should be investigated because they have been doing this for a long time. When I bought my Focus RS we had people expose that dealers in a state were working with each other to hold the mark ups to ensure they all get extra money.

Only one way to stop these goofs, and that's getting the law involved which can cost them money, because that's all they care about.

A shame no one at Nissan cares.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
Stop being desperate and save your money. Nissan needs to fix this, we know you guys are on here in the shadows. They already overpriced the car at MSRP and now dealers are tacking on high 'stealership fees' . If you pay this, you're sponsoring these fees + justifying these fees to continue being added to new cars.

Dealers: Let's add a $50k dealership fee
Potential Buyers: Bitches on forums
Dealership: These are selling fast, you're going to miss out (usually not the case)
Potential Buyer that bites: Ok sign me up for a 10-year loan
Total Purchase price = $90k+

2-3 years later
Dealership: 'Insert Holiday' weekend sale
Potential Buyer: I like the Z, but so many better options at this price point. I'm willing to pay $40K for the performance package.
Dealership: SOLD
Total Purchase price = $40k

Nissan - buyers are willing to pay what some of us think is an already high MSRP for the Z. Don't let the dealerships kill your vibe resulting in lower sales volume than expected. So much for building an attainable sports car for the average Joe.

Last edited: