Dealership Collusion???

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Was asking a dealer about a proto-spec listing. Expected some degree of ADM but not nearly 2x MSRP... On top of that the vendor appears to have blatantly admitted to market collusion. Isn't this price fixing?

ADM.jpg
I stopped reading after "together" was spelled wrong.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I know the difference.

Nonetheless, unless you sign up to the 3 year wait-list, you're not getting even a base C8 without a ridiculous markup.
Actually, The Big 3 national dealers can get you done in 9-12 mos (Base, Stingray) - MacMulkin is even doing courtesy shipping to a Chevy dealer near you.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
I just feel sorry for anyone that was forced into the post covid car market shitshow.

Anyone that caught a windfall and then proceeded to ball until they fall with these new found gains......."A fool and his money are soon parted" - One of my clients is a chip manufacturer - copped a brand new Raptor in the brightest orange they could find (paid for under the company for course thanks to the 6k lbs tax break in Texas), Copped a base model Rolex, They are all over Ashley Madison now, etc.

I just hope they have a safety net........so they can continue to pay my company.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
This needs to happen with Nissan dealers now., but doubtful as dealers are probably complaining that they're not "doing well" and they need to add said markups for now and then they'll get back down to MSRP...
Just wait....I have a gut feeling these things are going to be "deeply discounted" in a year or 2 (new and, used)

Think about it, one of us is chomping at the bit to get one ASAP.......might have even paid markup?

A year or two from now, economy is going to go "ka-boom" and tons of gently used toy cars will flood the used market in late 2023/early 2024

<60k C8s?
<50k C7Zs and Kittycats?
<40k Zs and Supras?
<30k C7s?
<20k Muscle Trinity?

The possibilities are endless!