Dealership Collusion???

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
But you do have laws yeah…..that say if they advertise a car with a VIN number they have to sell at said advertised price?
I would argue they could do similar to Aus.
On the car build, you build your car and a unique VIN could be given with price.
Sure you would still have to go to the dealer to pay and pick up just like we do…but if the price has been advertised through head office with a VIN then they would have to sell it at that price.
Here in Aus they don’t need to advertise the exact car, so no vin needed…just the Z
Once it’s priced and advertised, that's it. It’s what it sells for

I just find the situation ridiculous…but you already know that 🤣
See, our dealerships here are not shy about advertising the prices with clearly stated mark-ups, so they usually don't run afoul of those rules.

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Yesterday I visited my Nissan dealer that I placed a deposit for a Z Proto at MSRP or a Sport or Performance again at MSRP.

I would happy ordering a Z in a different color like white with the bronze wheels like on the Proto , but no . Now I have to see if they sell me a performance at MSRP which is what my deposit is written up as
Hold up, they gave you a price and you put a deposit down but they can still change the price when the car arrives?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Well maybe they stop franchising if those franchisers can not be trusted to do the right thing.🤷‍♀️

There has to be ways of doing things that won’t harm their business model, otherwise ultimately their business will go bust ( as it’s already in financial trouble not hard to imagine) and there will be no more Nissan full stop
But it isn't just Nissan doing this. Chevrolet, Ford, Stellantis, Toyota, everyone. They all do it! Buyers really don't have a choice other than dealer shopping hoping to find an ethical one. The majority of buys won't even do that as they think all dealers are the same.

As long as the individual states keep the current franchising laws, nothing will change. Dealer groups paying off (sorry lobbying) politicians ensures the status quo. Manufacturers have no incentive to spend money lobbing states for changes because they get their profits regardless of what the dealers do.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Dealership service departments also soften the blow of defective vehicles, arranging loaner vehicles, making repairs, dealing with pissed off customers.....
So, dealerships do provide value to a manufacturer. Besides, when manufacturers are making way less vehicles than usual and selling every single one without incentives, why would they try to help the customer?

We all have a short attention span anyway. Look at our politicians, every single one a crook, caught on tape, and yet we cheer them on. Why should manufacturers be worried? We'll be wooed by the next "thing" anyways.....

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Dealership service departments also soften the blow of defective vehicles, arranging loaner vehicles, making repairs, dealing with pissed off customers.....
So, dealerships do provide value to a manufacturer. Besides, when manufacturers are making way less vehicles than usual and selling every single one without incentives, why would they try to help the customer?

We all have a short attention span anyway. Look at our politicians, every single one a crook, caught on tape, and yet we cheer them on. Why should manufacturers be worried? We'll be wooed by the next "thing" anyways.....
I don't expect the dealers to help, but I do expect the manufacturers to do something to curb this shit, at the very least to keep a positive brand image.

I don't cheer those cock suckers on. They can all choke on a penis.

AATorres

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2, BMW X3, Mustang Bullitt, Nissan Sentra
There has always been this nasty perception behind Car Sales being a sleazy business. Well all the Dealerships engaging in outrageous markups, confirms the stigma to be 100% true. Ok, marking up dealer allocated units has been around forever, but how much of a scumbag do you really have to be by marking up a customer placed order. Oh, I’m not referring to the markup occurring when the vehicle arrives to the Dealership, I’m referring to the scumbag who attempts to markup prior to signing the customer order. To add a little more insult, the Scummy Sales person actually tries to justify why there is a markup. Here’s my thought, never again will I purchase a Nissan, Chevrolet, or Ford again. Stick with BMW, did not have to deal with any bull crap about a markup on my purchase two months ago or with my current order. Here’s a local advertisement for a Nissan Z, hopefully the dumb ass that buys this one knows they are not too far from Porsche Cayman territory which there is no comparison regarding quality and performance.

3027BD8C-0FA1-446C-9022-F93404677624.jpeg

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
If it's any consolation, they won't sell this anytime soon. Not with the Auto stop-sale in effect.