First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
We have to wait until all the Proto Specs are sold (damned about their pricing!), then see what the 'normal' Sport and Performance will be stickered. Don't think will be as high as the ultra low volume Protos which will be grabbed by collectors anyway. Wait n see guys. Report here once you see and show us actual window stickers.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
We have to wait until all the Proto Specs are sold (damned about their pricing!), then see what the 'normal' Sport and Performance will be stickered. Don't think will be as high as the ultra low volume Protos which will be grabbed by collectors anyway. Wait n see guys. Report here once you see and show us actual window stickers.
The 4 dealers I spoke to all are staying firm to the 10k upcharge on sport and performance models.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
If you can order a car online that's then sent to a dealer there should be zero reason for dealerships to exist. Money should go directly to the manufacturer instead of there being a middle man tacking on extra fees.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
If you can order a car online that's then sent to a dealer there should be zero reason for dealerships to exist. Money should go directly to the manufacturer instead of there being a middle man tacking on extra fees.
Currently, in USA, there's several manufacturers offering "online ordering". However, it's not what we want. It's born of the pandemic, a sales tactic to appease people too scared to go out to buy a vehicle (maybe overstating it a bit). All of these programs require you to choose a dealership to ship the vehicle too. And those dealerships are still free to conduct pricing and negotiations as they see fit, including markups.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The 4 dealers I spoke to all are staying firm to the 10k upcharge on sport and performance models.
That's reasonable enough, hope this will be the norm until the market slows, then no more than MSRP.

I picked up my Gladiator Rubicon at MSRP after demand peaked. Had $5K markup but I pressured them to back down.

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
repair shops and autobody shops are a separate thing. Even at the dealer they have a separate entrance and at times are in separate buildings.

to do away with one would not necessarily kill the other

my big issue with the mark up here is #1 its absurd high, and #2 they don't even have the car.

to some level i understand limited supply and if they happen to have the one for sale you can drive off in today they can charge a premium for it. however they do not even have the car!!! they want me to overpay and wait.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Currently, in USA, there's several manufacturers offering "online ordering". However, it's not what we want. It's born of the pandemic, a sales tactic to appease people too scared to go out to buy a vehicle (maybe overstating it a bit). All of these programs require you to choose a dealership to ship the vehicle too. And those dealerships are still free to conduct pricing and negotiations as they see fit, including markups.
Nah, not that kind. Think Corvettes. You can (or could?) build one online and have it sent to your local dealer (or even do museum deliver). In reality, you SHOULD be able to order it online in the same fashion, and instead of paying through a dealer just pay Chevy directly.

Think Tesla.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So, who are you going to get to do warranty repairs?
I see that as a non issue.
Much the same as if you have an accident and you go to a repairer and the insurance company pays the repairer to do the work, so could you go to a repairer and get it fixed then Nissan pays the bill.
Services can be done anywhere and retain you warranty already.
There are definetly ways if they really wanted to do this

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nah, not that kind. Think Corvettes. You can (or could?) build one online and have it sent to your local dealer (or even do museum deliver). In reality, you SHOULD be able to order it online in the same fashion, and instead of paying through a dealer just pay Chevy directly.

Think Tesla.
Think all you want. Nissan doesn't offer it. That's why Dan bailed when the knives came out, he knew Nissan won't allow ordering direct. Unfortunately for me, I'm also trying to get a Tundra. Toyota also doesn't allow me to bypass dealership negotiations.

Seeing as how I don't want a C8 or a Tesla, I'm SOL!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Think all you want. Nissan doesn't offer it. That's why Dan bailed when the knives came out, he knew Nissan won't allow ordering direct. Unfortunately for me, I'm also trying to get a Tundra. Toyota also doesn't allow me to bypass dealership negotiations.

Seeing as how I don't want a C8 or a Tesla, I'm SOL!
All I know is I don’t even live in the US and have to deal with this and I’m absolutely livid over it ….I know it’s your laws but honestly Nissan should do something about it.
The car value is what. 50k yet some dealers selling for 125k ( or at least trying to) how does that not hurt their business model and good standing?

If I was the head honcho in the US I would be seriously looking at ways to cut the dealer out, and if I was a buyer in the US I wouldn’t even contemplate buying any model from any dealer that had imposed mark ups on any model out of principle

It’s just plain wrong on every level

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
All I know is I don’t even live on the US and have to deal with this and I’m absolutely livid over it ….I know it’s your laws but honestly Nissan should do something about it.
The car value is what. 50k yet some dealers selling for 125k ( or at least trying to) how does that not hurt their business model and good standing?

If I was the head honcho in the US I would be seriously looking at ways to cut the dealer out, and if I was a buyer in the US I wouldn’t even contemplate buying any model from any dealer that had imposed mark ups on any model out of principle

It’s just plain wrong on every level
It does suck.
I don't mind that if people are impatient and can't wait for an ordered car, yeah, stick 'em with mark-ups.

But I wouldn't mind putting an order in, even with a several thousand dollars deposit, and waiting on an agreed amount of time to get the vehicle I want.

Toyota and Nissan absolutely don't have that available, I just don't know why they can't at least allow the patient customers some relief