ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Oh you are going to hate what I got then haha

2022 chevy bolt euv
Lol....

I would consider a mid-size EV truck, like a Tacoma or Ranger, when that day comes... I think the ideal technology to replace diesel truck is EV--peak torque @ near 0rpm.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Only downside I'm seeing here is its boring, ugly and slow.
You got the Chevy Bolt? My coworker has one, and he really likes it, but he was told to not put it in the garage or too close to the house because it has (or HAD) a battery defect that can cause fire.

I tried to get my wife to buy an EV, she wouldn't go for it.

I had to pay twice to fill up my Q60 today, pump shut off before full, $6.09 a gallon. Fortunately I only need gas once every 3-4 weeks.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
You got the Chevy Bolt? My coworker has one, and he really likes it, but he was told to not put it in the garage or too close to the house because it has (or HAD) a battery defect that can cause fire.

I tried to get my wife to buy an EV, she wouldn't go for it.

I had to pay twice to fill up my Q60 today, pump shut off before full, $6.09 a gallon. Fortunately I only need gas once every 3-4 weeks.
I got the bolt euv which is more like an suv. They have the bold ev which is a small hatchback. And yes, the earlier models liked to catch fire. They fixed that 2 years ago.

I fill up my car(s) twice a week right now. The 2 main ones I drive take $65-70 each time. It adds up really fast.

I just got my electricity bill today and it was $250 (pretty normal for this time of year), so it looks like there is no winning there either haha. They haven't switched my plan over to the special new one though.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Speaking of the Mach E—yikes!

"The Ford memo explains that the Mustang Mach-E's primary high voltage battery contactors could overheat. If it happens, it could cause "an open contactor or welding condition," which may lead to the contactors welding shut while the car is in motion. Owners of affected vehicles may be alerted by a powertrain malfunction warning light the next time they drive, and the Mach-E could fail to start.

The vehicle may also display "Stop Safely Now" on the gauge cluster, and a total and immediate loss of power could follow. Ford says the Mach-E will simply coast to a stop. However, all 12-volt systems, including the power brakes and steering, should remain functional."

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Apparently the Michigan Police have already used up all their petrol budget for the financial year, so aren't allowed to drive out to calls unless seriously important. Guess that also means no patrols on the streets. Then they'll wonder why the crime rate skyrockets. :rolleyes:
Michigan Sheriff Won't Send Cops to "Non-Life-Threatening" Calls Due to Gas Prices
The sheriff has instructed deputies to handle most calls over the phone, despite a $500,000 budget increase since 2020.​

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Cost me $85.80 to fill up my 370 with Costco Premium here in FL just north of Tampa ($5.15/gal). To prospective Z buyers, welcome to the premium gas required club! :)

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Cost me $85.80 to fill up my 370 with Costco Premium here in FL ($5.15/gal). To prospective Z buyers, welcome to the premium gas required club! :)
I was just in Pensacola FL, it's about $4.59 there, that much of a diff from south FL, huh? Well now back home here in so CA, $5.79 Costco regular.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
$6.50 a gallon for premium (92 octane) gasoline yesterday in Chicago suburbs. Ouch. Glad my BRZ is easy on fuel, especially with my kids driving it all over.

Regarding EVs, I've tracked my family vehicle usage including mileage, and an EV would meet most of our daily needs, in terms of typical around town urban usage. With charging occurring overnight. Supplemented with a gasoline vehicle for distance and hauling stuff.

I'd have already gotten an EV, except EVs were at least double the 14k USD I paid just before COVID, for a manual trans Kia Soul. If EV costs go down and gasoline stays high, the ROI of EV should make them more attractive.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
$4.67 at local 7-eleven yesterday and we're starting to feel the impact, not from the gas directly, but from eating out and grocery. We consistently cook from Sunday - Thursday and eat out Friday and Saturday.

Good thing we got the 8 checks we received a good sum of money from the government during pandemic (1 from Trump and 7 from Biden)....lol

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
It's about $6 to $6.50 for regular in San Jose.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
I saw $6.899/gal (87) for a couple days at the Shell gas station near me.
Thanks God. It has come down to $6.799/gal today. :(

Another 76 gas station 2 miles away has it for $6.499/gal.
$0.10/gal off with cash.

Haven't tried Costco recently.
The lines are outrageously long.